Enforcing Stricter Roleplay around LEO Scenes and Cadavers

As FD it can be rather difficult to always roleplay seeing dead bodies as if they saw them for the first few times, why? because they're seen so often that if people roleplayed this way, the roleplay for them would get very repetitive in a very fast manner. While I do sometimes roleplay my character pulling a "that's nasty" face of sorts, its not something I do on every scene, in reality, my character has seen MCI's countless times from shootings, and while she isn't immune to the sight, its definitely not something she hasn't seen before, in fact, its a daily occurrence and shes seen much worse things. What I tend to do is just roleplay her having the thoughts of a scene being nasty without a /me as her priority is treatment.

When it comes to players driving through scenes, I don't think any OOC measures needs to be taken, however, I do feel like more can be done from the LEO side ICly. Often times its extremely difficult to get someone from traffic on a scene whether that's due to them not being online, busy with something else, or not wanting to attend it, I get that throwing a few cones out then standing around isn't the best roleplay, but I feel that people can do much better in roleplaying it. People are driving past scenes all too often and ignoring roadblocks? crack down on it as a force IC, get multiple cars on scene to pull them over when this happens instead of having a train of 10 cruisers in a pursuit. Not only would this help combat the issue, it would also provide more roleplay opportunities for LEO roleplayers and be a lot more fun than just standing around and shouting ICly at the problem.

26 minutes ago, Viscaria said:

As FD it can be rather difficult to always roleplay seeing dead bodies as if they saw them for the first few times, why? because they're seen so often that if people roleplayed this way, the roleplay for them would get very repetitive in a very fast manner. While I do sometimes roleplay my character pulling a "that's nasty" face of sorts, its not something I do on every scene, in reality, my character has seen MCI's countless times from shootings, and while she isn't immune to the sight, its definitely not something she hasn't seen before, in fact, its a daily occurrence and shes seen much worse things. What I tend to do is just roleplay her having the thoughts of a scene being nasty without a /me as her priority is treatment.

When it comes to players driving through scenes, I don't think any OOC measures needs to be taken, however, I do feel like more can be done from the LEO side ICly. Often times its extremely difficult to get someone from traffic on a scene whether that's due to them not being online, busy with something else, or not wanting to attend it, I get that throwing a few cones out then standing around isn't the best roleplay, but I feel that people can do much better in roleplaying it. People are driving past scenes all too often and ignoring roadblocks? crack down on it as a force IC, get multiple cars on scene to pull them over when this happens instead of having a train of 10 cruisers in a pursuit. Not only would this help combat the issue, it would also provide more roleplay opportunities for LEO roleplayers and be a lot more fun than just standing around and shouting ICly at the problem.

I don't think you understand how often it happens and how many scenes we attend at the same time for this to happen, we're not the LAPD, we don't have the manpower to pull every faggio and Blista Compact over and charge them for obstruction. Especially when people do it for the purpose of provoking PD, or them thinking they can get away with it as we're pre-occupied. 

A TC in an intersection requires a minimum of 4 cruisers, that's a minimum of 4 officers, who's going to pull them over?

Edited by OneEightSeven
7 hours ago, Engelbert said:

Bruh, if you shoot someone, without being in immediate danger of losing your life, it's a murder.

manslaughter*

Very confused as to what the actual suggestion is, seems more of General Discussion worthy as it's a complaint. 

Edited by Brett Love
  • Upvote 1

I understand how often this happens and that you won't be able to pull over everyone doing this, but when some people start getting pulled for doing it its sure to help as a deterrent. I'm sorry but I don't believe that LEO agencies don't have enough manpower to do these every now and then, lately I feel like there's just far too many LEO units on certain scenes or in pursuits as I've personally witnessed in recent times. The majority of the time we will get 1 cruiser running traffic on a TC scene and that's enough for a side walk or in the middle of the road, 2 would be sufficient in an intersection as we can also warn people with FD rigs, having 1 extra car to pull someone over I feel isn't much to ask on occasion to crack down on this ICly.

I'm not going to lie, part of the reason I resigned as an LSPD Detective is because scenes were an unfun mess of shit roleplay. I've had to order patrol cops to LTL people that walk into a murder scene without warning, because they'll literally run up to bodies to steal shit with cops on scene, or sprint/drive through a scene to get somewhere 0.3 seconds faster, which realistically destroys evidence. I'll stress this happens several times per scene, not just once, and not once every few scenes. Multiple times per.

Edited by Sabess
  • Upvote 1

It always crossed my mind to think of what may be going on in the characters as well as players mind when they just casually drive, speed, walk or run across an active crime scene. There are multiple Officers, police cars with emergency lights on (big wee woos). Why would anyone think it is okay to run right into such scenes instead of taking that detour of 1 block to get to their destination?

Whilst it is not as bad as it used to be on LS-RP where your character literally has to use physical force through e.g. beanbag shotguns to even have a chance to somewhat hold a perimeter due to people just not giving a single shit about the flashing lights and armed people in uniform, but also the amount of trolls jumping around, onto vehicles and uniformed people on that perimeter in bicycles, there seems to be a general lack of common sense. There is no reason why someone would not step down from their ego and simply go around a blocked off road unless they have mental problems like Karen and Ken. And no, this does not mean drive on the incorrect direction of traffic, on sidewalks or median like someone with a death wish. Yet it happens multiple times on a daily basis, multiple times on one scene alone.

LEO factions, despite totalling up to 300-400 members as a whole, are notoriously overworked and often times work with a skeleton crew, having to pick and choose their calls. On top of that, no one wants to deal with such scenes due to their unrealistic environment and, frankly, cancerous attitude brought up to people not only in-character, but also out of character as a player which leads to a lack of response on top of the already strained roster. There are simply no ressources to pull a person for negligent operations or obstruction when simultaneously, there is 1 panic alarm and 2 shooting scenes plus 4 shooting aftermaths, let alone the amount of people simply trying to bait cops into pursuits for shits and giggles.

As an example, there has been a clusterfuck scene just days ago in Vespucci. Starting as a tripple homicide crime scene, Officers responded, handled investigations and a perimeter - including the not-so-much used police tape considering its rather problematic and time-intensive placements. This scene soon turned into the aftermath of a foot pursuit because people not only decided to trespass, but also chicken run across the scene entire, blocked off scene until arrested.

Around 10 minutes later, the same scene turns into an Officer-involved shooting five meters down the road. At this time, due to the nature of the incident, the street was packed with Officers and police cars alike. However, it soon turned into a secondary Officer-involved shooting because someone thought it would be a bright idea to take a trash truck and drive into the scene and Officers.

That secondary incident barely concluded, you hear...you guessed it right, ANOTHER Officer-involved shooting at the same location. This time another person deciding it would be a good idea to barge in and try to run over cops on that scene with a Quad. Now the good thing was, despite it being a clusterfuck, you already had 80% of the on-duty personnel present. But on the other hand, you also had 80% of the people all tied up on a single clusterfuck scene whilst the rest of the city, as per usual for a weekend evening, is on fire with robberies, shootings, MVAs and miscellanious calls coming in every few minutes.

Shit like this is what drains people's motivation. Situations that are simply so surreal they can only be reffered to as something you see in a comedy show. With drained motivation, people burn out. They do not respond to these kind of calls to begin with, and from there not log into the game anymore, eventually go on absence, step down from their positions (notorious DB burnout rates) or leave the faction and server as a whole.

• Upvote 2