Enforcing Stricter Roleplay around LEO Scenes and Cadavers

Being in a LEO faction myself, and I'm sure many others will agree, it's extremely annoying and unrealistic to be diverting traffic for people to simple ignore it. Cruisers and cones being used to get roads blocked off, only for every single person on the server to ignore it. Same goes for roleplay around bodies; there will be people surrounding a body which as been swiss cheesed like they see it every day, albeit it does happen every day in LS, it shouldn't be roleplayed that way, not every single person in LS is a war veteran who's okay looking at bodies that are riddled to absolute pieces. To clarify what in my opinion should happen in these situations, versus what currently happens, below you'll find a list of action sequences.

Cordoned Off Road IRL

Driver notices a road that has been cordoned off > uses adequate diversion/changes driven route

Cordoned Off Road GTA:W

Driver notices a road that has been cordoned off > finds a way to get through the scene regardless of clearly placed roadblocks

If the man power was there on the server, these individuals would be charged with obstruction, and case dependent, evidence tampering - it is by no means enjoyable and ruins the immersion for each and every person on scene.

Shooting IRL

An argument leads to a shooting > shots are fired at a person nearby > everyone gets the hell out of dodge > returns fire from Safety if imminent threat remains

Shooting GTA:W

An argument leads to a shooting > shots are fired at a person nearby > female in mini-skirt and cat ears removes her CCW and kills the imminent threat > continues to linger around the dead bodies.

Discovering a body IRL

You come across a cadaver > call out for a response > call 911 > don't touch it with a ten foot pole

Discovering a body GTA:W

You come across a cadaver > call out for a response > check pulse and breathing like a true medical professional > ignore the obviously gory wounds located on the body > Call 911

These are by no means strict guidelines and every situation is different, but the standard GTA:W currently has? No bueno. I understand that some players are lagging behind a little and their games don't load in fast enough and we've grown to accept that as a community, yet the majority of players stop, look at the scene, and drive through it because they think they're in RDRD 2.

My suggestion, is either add something that enforces this to Common Courtesy, or make some sort of "No Nonsense" rule. 

See below, where I demonstrate what currently happens on scenes; using my top secret, CIA, crime scene recreation software.

61Y-gV4VYnL._AC_SL1500_.png

To show that this is a matter of common courtesy/tomfoolery - here is a small section of a map in LS, as you can see, if an intersection is blocked, or a road is blocked, all you'd have to do, is drive ONE block around to continue to your desired destination. Unlike Great Britain, where roads were built around holes in the ground made by WW2 bombings, America has had the courtesy of planning their roads in a nice, and geometrically pleasing manner, which makes them extremely easy to navigate around.

wCJH8tY.png.75712585f5465663d6e282898f5257c5.png

Summary

Create a 1.1 to Common Courtesy; Common Sense

1.1 Common Sense 

A reasonable effort should be made to respect ongoing situations in-game, and protect overall immersion, therefore making gameplay more enjoyable. This means carrying out acts that are uncommon in the real world, or acts that would break the law for the sole purpose of saving time, or because certain situations don't affect your character directly. This generates a damaging effect on those roleplaying in a public, yet stationary area, as immersion is lost due to a lack of common sense.

Examples of breaking this rule:

• Ignoring roadblocks/diversions
• Showing little to no emotion when presented with a corpse
• The looting of corpses (Otherwise known as PUBG)
• Concealing a firearm when currently worn clothing wouldn't permit you to do so
• Risking Misdemeanor/Felony Charges purely to save time.

Spoiler

Hey, look, why don't I light a cigarette whilst standing over a blood covered body, why don't I?

https://streamable.com/ew6c91

Edited by OneEightSeven
Addition of Information
  • Upvote 16
  • Applaud 4

YES PLEASE. How many times did I notice as a firefighter people stumbling accross scenes we blocked and just flying through the other lane counter traffic at 100mph?

This is incredibly stupid as they will either "/b skip" or "/b desync you didnt load lmao" when they crash into anyone after plotting through a scene at 100mph.

• Applaud 1

+1 -

I totally support this. As a person who has played here a long time, on Illegal, Legal and General/Civilian Roleplay. I have noticed there is a lack of roleplay around a large scale scene. I have kept various videos of incidents where players have purposely ignored areas where they should roleplay, and have continued to go in like it's a Playfield. When actually in most cases, they ran on foot next to the body, or cycled OVER the body infront of SWAT, CNT, and General LSPD Staff. - You would not risk Felony Charges, for the simple mindset of an ego. By all means harass the Police here-and-there for being in your hood, or ruining your night if the LSPD/LSSD caused the shooting. But please-.. Don't attract attention to yourself and ruin the genuine scene roleplay.

• Applaud 1

100% Support. This has become an even greater issue in recent weeks due to the nametag update. People are abusing the fact you can't see nametags as easily (or at all in certain vehicles with full tint) to either drive like utter crap or barrel through scenes knowing nobody can report them due to not seeing their name-tags.

9 minutes ago, OneEightSeven said:

Shooting IRL

An argument leads to a shooting > shots are fired at a person nearby > everyone gets the hell out of dodge > returns fire from Safety if imminent threat remains

Shooting GTA:W

An argument leads to a shooting > shots are fired at a person nearby > female in mini-skirt and cat ears removes her CCW and kills the imminent threat > continues to linger around the dead bodies.

I can give you a lot of examples (IRL examples with documented videos) where you will see how wrong you are about this. You actually fell into using a petty reasoning like "female in mini-skirt and cat ears" because even you are probably aware of how wrong you are about this. IRL people shoots back at the first chance they have and for sure they often do it even before any shot is fired at them, just at the first hint of deadly threat.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Macarroncito said:

I can give you a lot of examples (IRL examples with documented videos) where you will see how wrong you are about this. You actually fell into using a petty reasoning like "female in mini-skirt and cat ears" because even you are probably aware of how wrong you are about this. IRL people shoots back at the first chance they have and for sure they often do it even before any shot is fired at them, just at the first hint of deadly threat.

18 minutes ago, OneEightSeven said:

These are by no means strict guidelines and every situation is different, but the standard GTA:W currently has? No bueno.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Macarroncito said:

Bruh, if you shoot someone, without being in immediate danger of losing your life, it's a murder.