[LSNN] Exclusive interview with Anna Rex: “I want to empower women with my brand and vision.”

5yHwzO3.png

Exclusive interview with Anna Rex: “I want to empower women with my brand and vision.”

BY NINA GARAVANO

20210822165321_1.jpg

Anna Rex in her Portola Drive store

She defines herself as a fantastic, sexy and intelligent person; she wants to be successful in the fashion industry. Anna Rex shares with LSNN her story, plans and secrets.

Let's start talking about you, your background. Who is Anna Rex?
I could say that Anna is a regular woman that believes in her dreams, ideas and wants to empower women with her brand and vision. She's very confident and finds the good in everyone. But, I'd love to describe myself as an artist and as some who has a creative mind.

That's lovely Anna. What made you interested in fashion to begin with?
My mother was a model during the 80's for a lot of brands in New York. She always brought me to the backstage, and I was always so fascinated by the gorgeousness of these women, the makeup, dresses, the sparkle. For sure it was love at first sight. I have to thank my family, because they have always supported and helped me, especially when I was about to fail. They are a great inspiration and my family is everything for me.

That's lovely! It seems that you've always carried fashion in your veins then. Let's get more personal here, what's your taste in fashion, what type of clothes do you like wearing?

My personal style is mostly about my mood. Most of the time I wear heels, it seems uncomfortable, but after a while you get used to wearing them daily. I would like to say that I am a casual person, but I have to admit that I love haute couture, and the best feeling is when you look in the mirror and like what you see, your body, how the dress fits you. I recently took a look at the Versace, Valentino, and Bulgari collections. They are truly stunning and I have great respect for these brands, and what about Miuccia Prada and her last collection? No words, or maybe one: amazing. 

Let's move on to your company. Why did you choose your own name for it?
Because I want to make history. This thing may seem very megalomaniac, but I want to leave a sign on the industry. I mean, all of us know brands like Gucci, Prada, Versace, etc. They put their personal name on the company, why? I think it's not just a name, it's a way to say "Hey, that's me, my ideas, my opinions, my vision of this industry," and it's the same for me. Anna Rex is not only the company. It's just me, the way that I used to express my creativity.

Talking about the future, how do you see yourself and the company in some years? What are your goals and dreams?
A growing company full of talented people that don't have any fear to make a step forward and express their idea in a design. A company of success, that inspires people to be free, to don't care about others. This is my idea for the company, something that makes you feel great with what you are wearing. And about this I want to give a big thanks to every member of my team and my investor. They helped me to make my dream true, and I'm so grateful about this opportunity, and hope to make all of them proud of our job.

That's truly amazing. Can you tell me more about the products you are going to sell?
We have a lot of products. Our main target is women, and we have bags, makeup, cosmetics, beauty lines, fragrances, shoes and a big variety of clothing that can be casual or classy. One of our departments is mainly focused on jewelry and accessories, so we can make custom jewelry based on the choice of our lovely customers, something really unique.

I see, do you target people with a high purchasing power?
We have some targeted options for everyone. Our partners are all around the world and they provide us with high-type materials that we use for our products. We strictly select our providers and check their factory to make sure that they respect their workers and didn't abuse of child labor. Sadly, it's something very common, so this increases our retail prices. 

Let's move on with a more personal question Anna.  Are you currently seeing someone? I'm sure our readers want to know  some details about your love life.
Not really, I'm actually more focused on my work and myself.

I see, launching your own store must keep you busy. But are you open to start seeing someone when things are up and running?
I really don't know. An important relationship for me ended some weeks ago, and it was very hard to accept it. That's why I say I'm focused on myself. When my relationship ended, I was in pain for a lot of days. But the morning came again, and I was to act like nothing happened. It was hard to recognize me in those days, and one morning looking in the mirror, I thought "God, what are you doing? You are a fantastic, sexy and intelligent person, wake up." That day I promised myself that I would be the top of my priorities, and here I go.

Oh, what happened with that relationship? Why did it end?
Probably we were both busy and it didn't work. Sad, but true. You can love someone and still choose to say goodbye, if you don't have time for someone, maybe it's just better to let him go. Not easy for sure, but it could be a new way to find happiness. 

I can't imagine someone letting Anna Rex go. I'm sure you are everything any man can ask for.
God, don't make me blush.

Do you think that women like us, who are running their own projects, struggle to find a stable, committed relationship?
Yes, it's hard for a lot of things. My campaign said that "Future is Female," because for men, sometimes it's hard to accept that a woman can succeed in their job. This also happens in the relationship, probably they just feel threatened by the power that women can have. Luckily, not all the men are scared by us. We just have to find someone that can accept this truth: we can't be only a wife, or someone that has to take care of her partner. We can, and we have to always be more. Reach our goals. Nothing makes you happier than success in what you love.

Wise words Anna, what else do you want to say to every other woman who wants to follow their goals?
Just want to say that it's not easy, and the first problem is always money, I had an investor that helped me to make my dream happens, and I can't be more grateful for this, but I want to break a lance to the program settled by the Senator Valeria Reyes about the government subsidies to women-owned small businesses. Could be a start. Maybe this can help women to start their dreams, and you just have to try. Don't be afraid to fail, it's part of the game.

20210821150217_1.jpg

Anna Rex being interviewed by Nina Garavano

20210821151517_1.jpg

Anna Rex in front of her store

20210821151134_1.jpg
Anna Rex and Belladonna models  (Nevaeh Lynch, Nina Garavano & Penelope Halcro) for her campaign "Future is Female"

vBDvzT0.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by Lurleen
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

Username: TheRealCarrySaunders

Comment: I burned the sandwiches 😭Time to fight my frustration by doing what I'm best at, spending someone else's money on fabulous overpriced couture! 🥳

I feel so empowered in the bedroom thanks to @VixenAnnaRex. What to buy next best?🤗

Also if this interview is exclusive then why does it have the exact same title as the ad for Anna Rex on fabebrowser 🤥

• Applaud 1
  • Lurleen changed the title to [LSNN] Exclusive interview with Anna Rex: “I want to empower women with my brand and vision.”