Character Kill Application

14 hours ago, Stefan said:

I don't really agree with this. There are people that will feel that they don't have a choice in whether or not they PK or CK their character for whatever reason and that's a feeling that I feel most people (including myself) aren't okay with.

Not agree with it aswell. Sorry!

6 hours ago, Cici said:

Edit- ONE EXCEPTION!  If a CK that shouldve been a PK took place.  If a player on his or her own will decides the kill was worthy enough to kill their own character, that would be a decent reason to CK someone without their permission.  This’ll make people think twice about who they Pk because it might wind up being a CK ultimately leaving room for them to be CK’d by anyone.

What...

It's like you think I am leaving this in the hands of players to decide what is a valid reason for a CK application to be accepted. Where I came from, it was Lead Admins and above.  Where I came from, it was accepted and welcomed. Not every Tom, Dick and Harry was CKed. It was reserved for certain circumstances and accepted by admins who had worked their way up the ranks.

3 hours ago, Genny said:

Ehhh, don't think something like this would ever be pushed. Not supporting.

That's why we suggest things, to get the thought train steaming.

6 hours ago, PandaGaming said:

Not agree with it aswell. Sorry!

Write why you don't agree with it. So we can have a discussion.

6 hours ago, Cici said:

You made me laugh with that first sentence because I'm one of the people who have always and will always advocate for realistic RP here.  How do they know I'm the boss of the Luppino family? I roleplay my boss character as a very old, very fragile (besides morally) old man.  I'd figure I'd be more of a target to be robbed.  I wouldnt CK a kid who robbed me, quite the contrary, I might actually respect him a little.  That person who thinks they'll be PK'd because they saw Cicciarellos name in the Luppino thread is metagaming.  And speculating.  And if I do get robbed?  It's not because my family is weak.  It's because my old ass got caught slippin.  

It was an example. Let's not put too much thought into it there, bud.

6 hours ago, Cici said:

I have let people CK me out of my own faction... so, lol.  What you think I'm saying is not the point.  I don't need to CK to let the people in the IC community know my character is not to be fucked with.  It shows that I don't want them gone, forever, it's called courtesy and it's what roleplayers should have.  If there is no agreement, there is no CK.

I have too, but there are people who do not CK for anyone. There are people who will not CK themselves at all. This is for those individuals. Not to mention... asking for CK rights basically means that both individuals know one of them are about to die. Requesting CK permission through an admin, takes away this problem. No one is going to metagame, because one party does not know it is going to happen.

It might be unfair, but when you want to play with the gangsters and drug dealers... deal with the consequences.

While I've always been a CK lover and lot of you know it, I'll be very honest with you on this answer, now that I am on the other side of the mirror for once.

There are indeed some situations where both characters have their stories conflicting and linked, they RP around each others being rivals / enemies and a simple PK makes it even more confusing. CK is great in these situation.

However.. most of the time the CK you'll do might be linked to a story that is almost irelevant to the other character's background/story. For you it might have been big, for him it wasn't and you'll maybe ruin 1+ years of character development over a small conflict.

Now, are administrators legitimate to tell you If you the CK is legit for both character development? Most communities I played on and witnessed will tell you that yes. How does it happen in reality? The admins gets half of the context, understands one third of it, and take a bad decision most of the time.

I have a full faith in all my administration team, but having a full faith doesn't mean I know they can and I can always get a 100% understanding of two very complex stories that can be up to months / years. Catching up a context is almost impossible for administrators, It is already done with difficulties in many reports, but CK are even more important than reports and does not allow a single mistake from that administrator.

Due to this, I would rather not allow such a thing for now despite my love for character kills. I feel like restricting it to faction members at the moment avoid many issues that could be brought up by CKs, while still allowing them in a specific and controlled perimeter that makes sense for the roleplay of their stories.

51 minutes ago, Nervous said:

While I've always been a CK lover and lot of you know it, I'll be very honest with you on this answer, now that I am on the other side of the mirror for once.

There are indeed some situations where both characters have their stories conflicting and linked, they RP around each others being rivals / enemies and a simple PK makes it even more confusing. CK is great in these situation.

However.. most of the time the CK you'll do might be linked to a story that is almost irelevant to the other character's background/story. For you it might have been big, for him it wasn't and you'll maybe ruin 1+ years of character development over a small conflict.

Now, are administrators legitimate to tell you If you the CK is legit for both character development? Most communities I played on and witnessed will tell you that yes. How does it happen in reality? The admins gets half of the context, understands one third of it, and take a bad decision most of the time.

I have a full faith in all my administration team, but having a full faith doesn't mean I know they can and I can always get a 100% understanding of two very complex stories that can be up to months / years. Catching up a context is almost impossible for administrators, It is already done with difficulties in many reports, but CK are even more important than reports and does not allow a single mistake from that administrator.

Due to this, I would rather not allow such a thing for now despite my love for character kills. I feel like restricting it to faction members at the moment avoid many issues that could be brought up by CKs, while still allowing them in a specific and controlled perimeter that makes sense for the roleplay of their stories.

You have a valid point. But we should remind players that being CKed after putting in a years worth of effort, is not a waste of that years worth of effort. It is a conclusion to your character's story. But not only is it a conclusion to your character's story, it is a new chapter to other characters story. Those you are friends with, mourn the loss of your character. It lays out a path for their characters, to take, that can lead them towards adventures they otherwise would not have had.

The killer(s), also have a new chapter in their character's life. Which will give them paths in which they can take.

We are all here taking part in a story. We are creating our own pixel history. My loss, is another's gain. Roleplaying is not only receiving, it is also about giving.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Portz said:

You have a valid point. But we should remind players that being CKed after putting in a years worth of effort, is not a waste of that years worth of effort. It is a conclusion to your character's story. But not only is it a conclusion to your character's story, it is a new chapter to other characters story. Those you are friends with, mourn the loss of your character. It lays out a path for their characters, to take, that can lead them towards adventures they otherwise would not have had.

The killer(s), also have a new chapter in their character's life. Which will give them paths in which they can take.

We are all here taking part in a story. We are creating our own pixel history. My loss, is another's gain. Roleplaying is not only receiving, it is also about giving.

The problem is that it's most likely not the end of your story. If you spent a year building up a character development, a side story leading to your CK will ruin your entire main story, and it'll be a big loss for you and all the players you created roleplay for.

24 minutes ago, Nervous said:

The problem is that it's most likely not the end of your story. If you spent a year building up a character development, a side story leading to your CK will ruin your entire main story, and it'll be a big loss for you and all the players you created roleplay for.

Everyone's failing to understand properly what's being purposed here. They see the words 'character kill' and they all go full 2012 with their reasoning. It's an application process that's sent to the lead administration, aka Lv3+. The person in question would provide the lead administration his reasoning and evidence supporting his claim towards a character kill. The lead administration would then, like they do with everything, vote upon accepting or denying the application.

This is not ruining anyone's character development. The character kill is a result of that character development. It's a bell curve, with the drama being the peak of the curve. I fail to understand anyone's reasoning to not allowing a system like this to be warranted. Player kills are redundant and not effective when it comes to policing criminal behavior. I see nothing more than selfish players thinking that their 'character' is the end all be all and that everyone else's development doesn't matter. There are two policing measures in the criminal underworld one is the criminal justice system and the other is your death. Right now you've got the criminal justice system and nothing. With character kills hanging over any criminal's head it'll police that person into either accepting the outcome of their actions or adjusting their actions to not warrant their death. Anything other than a character kill is a waste of time for both the victim and the perpetrator as it does not conclude any sort of story line or "development".

• Upvote 1

We say that the reason for a CK to the opposing party may be insignificant to them, yet significant to the other person. Isn't that how it works in reality though? And, correct me if I'm wrong, but a heavy RP server is always striving to best represent reality right?

People get murdered all the time in real life over things they likely would have deemed as insignificant to them. I'm not going to give specific examples because you can literally Google this fact and come up with thousands of unfortunate events that have occurred in the past. 

Portz said it perfectly. A CK is not a wasted character story and effort. It is the end to a story and the beginning of another. That CK will create more RP than any PK ever has and it reinforces the mentality everyone should have - like in real life, there is always risk.

• Applaud 1