Natural disasters

KinnyWynny

Short description: Allow and plan events such as natural disasters including but not limited to; heavy wind storms, droughts, earthquakes, wildfires, heatwaves, flooding (minor floods), mud slides and rock falls that block off roads. Maybe an event team.

Detailed description: Things can be a little too stale in the State and City of San Andreas. Disaster strikes when we least expect, and our fictional LS county shouldn't be an exception. Feasiably I realize it's a little hard to work these disaster's into the server, especially with RageMP's extremely limited engine and script potiential. However that doesn't they're impossible. Also I'd love for a creation of a NOAA page for management to announce potential disasters here and there.

Earthquakes - We're fictional LA, LA has a fuckton of earthquakes. Usually they're very minor, this can be done with a simple serverwide emote of "shaking" or whatever of a minor earthquake, maybe a few burst hydrants, a few little emergencies here and there. People could react to it on their own and it'd be a cool little event.

Wildfires - Fire script but it blocks out the sun and causes the map to go into the "smog" weather mode. Maybe a small portion of the map could be on fire.

Droughts - Super minor since we don't really have a farming community, Sandy Shores is in the desert, so maybe their water supply goes short and the city has to face a minor water crisis. I didn't really have a plan for this, I just felt like it needed to be here.

Heatwaves - It's hot as hell, show it on the weather, and add a few flavor events across the map to show off the fact it's hot as balls. Let people roleplay the effects.

Heavy wind storms - It doesn't rain often in Los Angeles Santos, and when it does, it pours. Wind is heavy, storms are rough, the sky is static, the storm is messy, shit gets hit, things fall over and it gets dangerous.

Mudslides/rockslides - Areas of the County could have rock/mud slides that block off the road, it could be as simple as a bunch of rocks that fall onto the side of the road and added by admins using props.

And more to add if possible. Flooding isn't really possible and a lot of these probably wouldn't have much script support. But it could be as simple as a single NOAA facebrowswer account with a forum post that let's players know of weather events, and a couple admins with some spare time, and it could be pretty interesting. Server can use some spice occasionally.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? Adding a little uncertainty and having events is a great way to spice up life on the server. It breaks up the monotony and gives players one more thing to react too.

Additional information: Before you say it "It'll interrupt my roleplay!!" I will remind you people get shot in hurricanes too.

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Late said:

As much as I support I know this would never fly. People kicked off when we had snow for a day saying their whole immersion and character stories are ruined, I couldn't imagine the fall out from a natural disaster...

yeah but it doesn't snow in LA county except that one time there was a quarter inch. However droughts? Wildfires? Earthquakes? All things that happen in LA.

https://lacounty.gov/residents/environment/natural-disasters/

1 hour ago, Late said:

As much as I support I know this would never fly. People kicked off when we had snow for a day saying their whole immersion and character stories are ruined, I couldn't imagine the fall out from a natural disaster...

How can the kawaii driving turbo racers possibly drift around the city streets at max speed with this tomfoolery??? +support

1 hour ago, Late said:

The problem was that it snowed in interiors, which couldn't be resolved.

I'm all for an events team which handles these. The tools are there for some of these events. Things like wildfires have some precedence, but there are performance issues with those. Its been done though. Some natural disaster like rock slides and bad weather could be done. Flooding and earthquakes seem to be rather tough to implement. But this is definitely something thats missing. We don't need to see an event every week, but every 1-2 months would be cool.