Thoughts on the Senate?

Anders

2 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

As per the Supremacy Clause found in Article 6, section 2 of the US constitution, Federal law and the US Constitution always supersedes State law.

If SAPR is a federal agency, then maybe I'm misunderstanding you ,but SAPR don't need state laws drafting in order to enforce the law on national parks as Federal laws already exist?

State law can be added to compliment existing federal law, but it certainly can't overrule or override any Federal laws in national parks.

For example: https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title36/36cfrv1_02.tpl

It's a state agency under the state and also 10th amendment

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

As per the Supremacy Clause found in Article 6, section 2 of the US constitution, Federal law and the US Constitution always supersedes State law.

If SAPR is a federal agency, then maybe I'm misunderstanding you ,but SAPR don't need state laws drafting in order to enforce the law on national parks as Federal laws already exist?

State law can be added to compliment existing federal law, but it certainly can't overrule or override any Federal laws in national parks.

For example: https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title36/36cfrv1_02.tpl

SAPR are not federal law enforcement. Even their own thread states that they're state law enforcement.

There's no federal factions on the server for a reason, because in order for them to work you would also need fed govt fed courts and this will simply never be feasible.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA

Yeah, I was responding to Zani.

I think one of the biggest risks with the Senate is that inadvertently put a law in place which violates Federal law and it would be nice to know what safeguards they have to prevent that from happening?

As @i dont wanna od in LA eludes too, regardless of what laws the senate implements, without a Federal agency to sit above them, they need to be oocly prevented from implementing any law which is unconstitutional.

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy
2 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Yeah, I was responding to Zani.

I think one of the biggest risks with the Senate is that inadvertently put a law in place which violates Federal law and it would be nice to know what safeguards they have to prevent that from happening?

Supremacy clause + 10th amendment + LFM + SCOTUS + federal judges being rped by admins

4 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

So quite literally there's nothing stopping them from implementing unconstitutional laws (which de facto is the case in real life too). The only thing that can be done then is petitioning to the court for review of said laws & hopefully having them striked down by the appellate or supreme court and ruled as unconstitutional. The most recent example is one of the cases I'm involved in, which contests the SHAFT Act as unconstitutional (https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/58847-petition-for-review-gregory-walker-v-state-of-san-andreas-and-governor-of-san-andreas/).

• 3 weeks later...

Can LFM level with us on how much influence they have over bills? Is LFM deciding certain bills need to pass and other ones not? Because I'm getting that impression from conversations with senators. If LFM truly has this much influence I feel like it defeats the point of even having a senate? Let alone running lobbying organizations i.e our firearms lobby

Idk who the handler is now so posting it here. @cxn

Edited by bartman

I'm late to this convo, I know.

But to address SAPR, we are a State Agency that reports to the Governor/Senate. Hence "San Andreas Park Rangers". Our actual Government entity is the "San Andreas Department of Fish and Wildlife", which hosts the Law Enforcement section called "San Andreas Park Rangers". We can't make random changes on our own without running it through the Senate/Governor. We are simply on the Governors cabinet if that makes sense, but since we are a "State Agency" just like SFM, we report to the Governor/Senate. As an example; LSPD, LSSD, LSFD, all report to the City/County Government. 

We hold no juro outside of San Andreas so we are nowhere near with the feds. We hold Statewide LEO powers per the penal code just like every other LEO agency in the server does. Meaning, Sheriffs can arrest someone anywhere in the State, same with PD, same with SFM & SAPR.

tldr; if the Senate tells us to jump, we ask how high, not why.

(i can't do whatever I want btw)

Thanks for listening. 

On 9/23/2021 at 1:09 AM, bartman said:

Can LFM level with us on how much influence they have over bills? Is LFM deciding certain bills need to pass and other ones not? Because I'm getting that impression from conversations with senators. If LFM truly has this much influence I feel like it defeats the point of even having a senate? Let alone running lobbying organizations i.e our firearms lobby

Idk who the handler is now so posting it here. @cxn

Hey @bartman,

I hope you're fine, I wanted to clarify your questions. The senate is responsible to write the bills and then to vote after the writing/creating process is done. LFM acts as the governor (Shanks, as the head of FM), who can either sign the bill as it is or veto it. If a bill comes across a veto, it needs to be amended after the changes have been amended the bill can be resubmitted. LFM is not arbitrarily deciding whether a bill needs to pass and other ones not, we simply look over them as the ''governor'' and evaluate if the bill needs some improvement or some amendments so there won't be any issues. 

If you would like to discuss anything further, feel free to send me a direct message! 🙂 

• Wuhtah locked this topic