Thoughts on the Senate?

Anders

people that roleplay the senate are at a disconnect with the unique issues plaguing the community imo, thus you see agendas you'd see in a normal, functioning state and not shit like stop and frisk or other stuff that'd make sense in the context of what's going on the server

• Upvote 1

i'm someone who pays attention to it but isn't really involved and i'd say that it adds a lot of depth to the server, the people involved are very committed to it and because my main character reports on some of the things that happen within it, i'm glad it exists in its current form

its only weakness is that it can't make server altering changes because it's limited by ifm/lfm but i understand why that restriction is in place, having witnessed governments on gta rp servers styled after the roman empire (real ones know)...

Edited by books
2 minutes ago, books said:

its only weakness is that it can't make server altering changes because it's limited by ifm/lfm but i understand why that restriction is in place, having witnessed governments on gta rp servers styled after the roman empire (real ones know)...

say what you will about 2014 spqr gov but it was dope.

also, yes. senate's meant to be able to change things instead of being forced to make nonsensical bills that have zero impact on any character on the server for the sake of just roleplaying the process and justifying a senate seat.

legalize weed already.

• Applaud 1

Love the concept, quit following it straight away after noticing it doesn't have creative freedom and is restricted by management. Understandable or not, it made it less interesting to follow or to care about. Its just background noise unfortunately. Would've loved to see it different. 

• Upvote 7
1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Love the concept, quit following it straight away after noticing it doesn't have creative freedom and is restricted by management. Understandable or not, it made it less interesting to follow or to care about. Its just background noise unfortunately. Would've loved to see it different. 

Basically why I never follow any politic roleplay, in the end most of the ideas and changes are VETO'd by management.

• Wuhtah locked this topic