[LSNN] Danny "Kamikaze" Okimoto challenges Levan "The Lion" Botkoveli for the belt (MMA)

truxy

5yHwzO3.png

Danny "Kamikaze" Okimoto challenges Levan "The Lion" Botkoveli for the belt

Los Santos, SA — August 18, 2021. The Rockford Dome hosted yet another MMA fight night, consisting of two exciting undercard fights and a title fight;

Noelle Wolff vs. Nell Nasso

Raymond Capri vs. Victer Mann

Levan Botkoveli vs. Danny Okimoto

Jkpzka2.jpg

Danny Okimoto (left), Levan Botkoveli (right)

By SEBASTIAN REYNOLDS

Noelle Wolff vs. Nell Nasso; opening fight of the night were the women's undercard fighters.

Noelle Wolff is a known fighter in Los Santos, having won at The Rockford Dome before and the manager-fighter of Vespucci Sports, regarded as one of the most prolific female fighters in the sport as of right now.

Nell Nasso, although not as known as Wolff in Los Santos, is not an unfamiliar face either; her most recent fight being in Brooklyn shows the dedication she has, not minding travelling the country to face Wolff.

CyrrgD0.png

Nasso (left) and Wolff (right) fighting it out during their first round.

Round 1

The two were going absolutely mad during the fight, not giving each other any time at all to make a mistake, focusing on dumping their energy out as swiftly, but also as quickly as possible. Both were extremely quick, and threw plenty of punches at each other; however, unfortunately for Nasso, she was caught by Wolff's monsterous overhand punch, resulting in her getting knocked down onto the ring floor as a consequence of their overextending during the fight.

Round 2

The second fight was practically a mirror of the first one, yet again relentlessly throwing punches at each other until Nasso was once again caught out by Wolff, receiving a body punch into the gut while attempting to land a few hooks, getting floored a second time. They gave each other no room and Nasso fought until the end, having already been exhausted from the first fight with under a minute of rest, while Wolff managed to swiftly avoid her punches in the round before.

Raymond Capri vs. Victer Mann; second match of the night: a male undercard fight between the duo.

Raymond "The Italian Stallion" Capri, the man locally known in Boston, who managed to slip a win during his first and only professional fight in Los Santos at the Sweathouse, was presented up against his counterpart, Victer Mann.

Victer Mann, the younger brother of Rafford Mann, an individual looking to do some justice to his last name, proving that he in fact is a man ready to take on Capri, and with high hopes to follow in his brother's footsteps.

AYAQUJD.png

Mann (left) demonstrating his speed and Capri (right)

Round 1

While the round started typically just like the previous round, it quickly took a turn and it seemed as if Mann was the "Mann with the plan", having used sheer speed as his tool against Capri, it was practically impossible to land good hits on him. He ran circles at times, with Ray attempting to do the same, but was often caught out by Mann, landing easy punches directly onto his unprotected back, as seen above.

Round 2

The round where both went at it hand to hand, Mann directly going at Capri's weak point, that being his tiredness. "Fists of a bull", as Capri put it himself after the match, he was knocked down by Mann's immense punches in under fifty seconds, landing himself a quick win. What wasn't knocked down out of Capri, though, is his sportsmanship, having said purely good things about Mann after the match.

Levan Botkoveli vs. Danny Okimoto; the finale everyone was looking forward to — and saw it deliver beyond expectations!

Levan "The Lion" Botkoveli needs no introduction to anyone in Los Santos, even those who have not been keeping up with MMA; undefeated throughout every match he has fought at the Dome. The last champion at The Rockford Dome. Arrived all the way from Georgia, now owner of South Central gym in Los Santos, and has personally trained plenty of fighters who, just like him, competed in the very same arena.

Danny "Kamikaze" Okimoto, similarly to Botkoveli, undefeated with a 4-0 record, thus far arriving all the way from Japan with a strong belief that he can knock The Lion off his throne and has been going for this belt from the very start.

QB9qxyd.png

Both The Lion and Kamikaze demonstrating hand-to-hand combat, round 1-3.

Round 1

First round of five, both began to balance their defense and offense, saving their energy, both managing to dodge multiple jabs from each other. With Okimoto managing to sweep in more jabs than Botkoveli, it lead to the belt holder ending up on the floor not too short of the round start.

NxdY0N8.png

Botkoveli dodging one of Okimoto's rear hooks.

Round 2

Round two followed two minutes after, this time, both were seen keeping more caution and space in between each other for the first part of the fight. Keeping up speed, quickly going from one corner to another, it felt like it was going to be a long fight. Not long after, just like last round, they eventually threw all they had at each other in the final stages of the fight, resulting in Botkoveli losing yet another round.

Round 3

With the round starting practically the same as the previous one, it was still noticeable that Okimoto fought this one with more defense than in the previous rounds, carefully approaching Botkoveli but, once again, laying down hell upon him. Unfortunately for Botkoveli, this proved to be the last round, officially losing the championship to Danny "Kamikaze" Okimoto after a heavy uppercut into Botkoveli's chin.

After Okimoto was proclaimed the new champion, one of our journalists managed to get an interview in with the champion himself.

Upon being asked about how he prepared for the fight, he stated;

"Lots'a training, lots'a good food." he says. "I really respect Lion, but to win? You really gotta have that hate in you, like you wanna maul him y'feel? Afterwards? It's all good again, it's a spur of the moment thing".

How does the fight compare to your expectations you had before the fight?

"He fought good — I don't get too caught up on the expectations n' all that. It's all about bein' in the moment for me."  "Man's a good fighter, and I respect it", he added.

How did you feel when you won and the crowd started cheering for you? What will you do with the belt? Will you hang it on your wall?

"Y'know? Really feels euphoric" — "Nah, I'm gonna choke out my enemies wit' it, heheh!" " Jus' kiddin'." — "I'm gonna have it wit' me wherever I go, in bed — in the shower — wherever!"

How do you feel about the outcome and should we expect more in the future? Is there a message you'd like to share with your fans or with the future challengers?

"Feels f**** great, finally I got it. I'm lookin' forward to the next one." — "Love all'a ya, for my enemies? I'm comin' for ya. Heh!"

vBDvzT0.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

• Upvote 4