Annoying FPS drops.

mencurry

2 minutes ago, Sterren said:

I don't really know what monitoring software to suggest maybe Wireshark could catch faulty packets or errors while playing on the server? But it does sound like a connection issue to me and RageMP's way of implementing it's traffic flow.

I'm just gonna say something dumb, but when is the last time you restarted your internet modem? Maybe replug the cable? Make sure your DNS is either set to Cloudflare or Google's DNS. Maybe try to use a VPN connect to a server in Europe and use that to connect to GTA:W.

Did you experience these stutters on 0.3.7? Did it start when the server migrated to 1.1? Or did it just start happening over time?

I restarted my modem regularly about once a week, unfortunately I can't change my DNS since my ISP has some stupid shadow DNS or something that basically doesn't let their customers to change their DNS, otherwise I'd have to learn how to use DNScrypt to bypass this. Though I could use Cloudflare 1.1.1.1's app so my whole system has its DNS through DNS over HTTPS but I don't know if that will affects RAGEMP -- I'll try though.

Trying to connect using a DNS through europe is basically gonna give me a +5s delay or so, it does sounds stupid but sure I'll try playing the game while connected to EU thru VPN lol.

I don't really have any stutters back in 0.3.7 but that might be because we have less mods back then, what I can say for sure is that I don't have the stutters as often as lately though it's almost every 10 minutes or something, you can see the screenshots and videos I've attached on the original post. So it might just be happening over time.

8 minutes ago, mencurry said:

I restarted my modem regularly about once a week, unfortunately I can't change my DNS since my ISP has some stupid shadow DNS or something that basically doesn't let their customers to change their DNS, otherwise I'd have to learn how to use DNScrypt to bypass this. Though I could use Cloudflare 1.1.1.1's app so my whole system has its DNS through DNS over HTTPS but I don't know if that will affects RAGEMP -- I'll try though.

Trying to connect using a DNS through europe is basically gonna give me a +5s delay or so, it does sounds stupid but sure I'll try playing the game while connected to EU thru VPN lol.

I don't really have any stutters back in 0.3.7 but that might be because we have less mods back then, what I can say for sure is that I don't have the stutters as often as lately though it's almost every 10 minutes or something, you can see the screenshots and videos I've attached on the original post. So it might just be happening over time.

The issue is very strange yep, and only affects a few people 😕

On 8/22/2021 at 4:21 AM, Legate said:

Setup a profile in Nvidia control panel for GTA5, disable game bar/turn off the background recording shit, go to windows menu type "gaming" then click the first one and disable gaming mode. 

Playing GTAW without Shadowplay is impossible, though. There's so much rulebreaking that you NEED the ability to record.