Annoying FPS drops.

mencurry

2 minutes ago, mencurry said:

Nope. None of the suggested solutions works. It still happens. I'm in pain.

Same! None of the solutions work. In addition to that, my game kept crashing quite frequently. The issue was resolved with an IP reset, but the random FPS drops is still an issue!

Edited by The.Godfather

Go to your device manager and disable 'High Precision event timer'

This will dramatically increase your FPS, also, try going into your game settings in the GTA V folder in your documents and remove all shadows and you should be good to go, my PC isn't as good as yours, also try closing everything else exept from GTA V when you play it, if you need any more help give me a shout through private message.

image.png

Edited by GDUP24Z
On 9/14/2021 at 12:04 AM, GDUP24Z said:

Go to your device manager and disable 'High Precision event timer'

This will dramatically increase your FPS, also, try going into your game settings in the GTA V folder in your documents and remove all shadows and you should be good to go, my PC isn't as good as yours, also try closing everything else exept from GTA V when you play it, if you need any more help give me a shout through private message.

image.png

Believe me, I tried no shadows since months and months ago but it still stutters anyway. https://streamable.com/pv4c36

I don't have any issues with FPS at all, I can run the game at any settings like I've said even if it's all normal without shadows I can get 188fps constantly or I can use ultra settings with graphics mods and it'll run 60-80fps just fine 24/7 but the problem is the stutters which always comes around no matter what I do in game. Though I'll look up what high precision event timer does and how it affects the game.

@mencurry how is your internet connection? What do you use, cable or wireless? I don't recommend playing on wireless if there's many other devices on your network, the best way is a cable of course.

Since RAGE Multiplayer 1.1 things have changed, and a bad connection sometimes results in hiccups, which feel like they are frame drops or stutters, or just a unpleasant feeling to the camera.

Every movement from a player is in the form of a message (packet), just see it like a lot of information coming through and sometimes a message is missing which results in a hiccup, depending on your connection it can lead to more of these or even consistent waves to the point it's there all the time.

Edited by Sterren
15 minutes ago, Sterren said:

@mencurry how is your internet connection? What do you use, cable or wireless? I don't recommend playing on wireless if there's many other devices on your network, the best way is a cable of course.

Since RAGE Multiplayer 1.1 things have changed, and a bad connection sometimes results in hiccups, which feel like they are frame drops or stutters, or just a unpleasant feeling to the camera.

Every movement from a player is in the form of a message (packet), just see it like a lot of information coming through and sometimes a message is missing which results in a hiccup, depending on your connection it can lead to more of these or even consistent waves to the point it's there all the time.

I'm using ethernet, yes. My internet is pretty stable even though I'm from Asia but I can get 180ms - 250ms ping and it doesn't fluctuate. I understand what you mean though, because if server restarts or my internet died it will freeze the game for a bit but that's just because how RAGEMP client is I think. Though I don't know if it's related to my internet at all if a lot of people are having the same issues with the stutters. 

Would there be a way to monitor the internet connectivity in real time though? I've just been using MSI Afterburner to check my frametime in ms as well as my GPU and CPU usage. 

11 minutes ago, kerszer said:

Your GTA is installed on the SSD right? How long since you've had your discs?

Yep, it's installed in my NVMe SSD. I bought the SSD and HDD last year in early 2020 when I upgraded my PC so both are still pretty new. Stutters only happens on GTAW though, other games even a more demanding games never stutters, even cyberpunk.

1 minute ago, mencurry said:

I'm using ethernet, yes. My internet is pretty stable even though I'm from Asia but I can get 180ms - 250ms ping and it doesn't fluctuate. I understand what you mean though, because if server restarts or my internet died it will freeze the game for a bit but that's just because how RAGEMP client is I think. Though I don't know if it's related to my internet at all if a lot of people are having the same issues with the stutters. 

Would there be a way to monitor the internet connectivity in real time though? I've just been using MSI Afterburner to check my frametime in ms as well as my GPU and CPU usage. 

Yep, it's installed in my NVMe SSD. I bought the SSD and HDD last year in early 2020 when I upgraded my PC so both are still pretty new. Stutters only happens on GTAW though, other games even a more demanding games never stutters, even cyberpunk.

I don't really know what monitoring software to suggest maybe Wireshark could catch faulty packets or errors while playing on the server? But it does sound like a connection issue to me and RageMP's way of implementing it's traffic flow.

I'm just gonna say something dumb, but when is the last time you restarted your internet modem? Maybe replug the cable? Make sure your DNS is either set to Cloudflare or Google's DNS. Maybe try to use a VPN connect to a server in Europe and use that to connect to GTA:W.

Did you experience these stutters on 0.3.7? Did it start when the server migrated to 1.1? Or did it just start happening over time?