Annoying FPS drops.

mencurry

Has anyone else been experiencing huge FPS drops lately? I've been getting huge drops no matter what settings I run with or without mods, nothing really matters anymore and I've been getting FPS drops everyday sometimes it quite often and sometimes it only happens occasionally. I don't know if it's related to the game or RAGEMP is just having memory leaks or something, but I don't have any issues with any other games at all. I played FH4, B4B, Valorant, R6S, etc none of these games are having fps drops.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.2GHz/1.25v

RAM 16GB @ 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36

EVGA GTX 1060 SC GAMING 6GB

Adata SX8200 PRO M.2 NVMe 512GB

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Videos of fps drops (Yes it also happens when I'm just standing around roleplaying, not just related to driving.):

https://streamable.com/zhk5la

https://streamable.com/cofsf1

Screenshots of MSI Afterburner monitoring frametime (notice the sudden bumps on the graph, those frametime suddenly hits 16ms+):

image.png.93b4ec3bdd024fff4e9144ef175f0f3e.png

image.png.d34734e3886b3973eaf3703925f49f73.png

What I've tried:

• Cleaning my whole PC, which obviously from these screenshots and videos they're not thermal throttling (yes it's normal for my GPU to reach 82C it's designed to hit that temp, it only has one fan.)
  • Removing my overclock. I usually run 4.2Ghz @ 1.25v daily for my 3600 but I thought it worth a try not to OC it to test.
  • Turning off Nvidia overlay.
  • Turning on Nvidia overlay BUT moving the recording and instant replay to my SSD.
  • Checked both the SSD and HDD's health, they're both fine, not even a year old.
  • Updating my GPU drivers to the newest.
  • Disabling Discord overlay. I never had this to begin with.
  • Changed gta5.exe on Nvidia control panel to High Performance, and made sure it chose the GTX1060.
  • Changed gta5.exe priority on task manager to High.
  • Turned down all of the settings on GTA V to the point I can hit 188fps, still fps drop to 30 occasionally.

Mind you I'm using windows 11 as well, and no I don't think it has any effect on this since it was happening when I'm on windows 10 as well. I'm honestly just lost, I don't know what could be the problem. plz help.

Edited by mencurry
typo

I've had a couple of weird frame drops around the mission row area, but that's mission row. However only recently me and a couple of others are experiencing random freezing. Once every thirty minutes, mind. Enough that it is noticeable, though. Some go as far as ten seconds of freeze. A friend of mine bought an SSD in case thats the issue, but three or so people all having it start at the same time is a little weird.

4 hours ago, Captain said:

Setup a profile in Nvidia control panel for GTA5, disable game bar/turn off the background recording shit, go to windows menu type "gaming" then click the first one and disable gaming mode. 

I'll try this.

8 hours ago, dodGE said:

I've got the same issue, pretty sure it's something to do with RageMP or the custom server-side mods.

At this point I believe this is just RageMP or GTAW's problem.

5 hours ago, Sycamour said:

I've had a couple of weird frame drops around the mission row area, but that's mission row. However only recently me and a couple of others are experiencing random freezing. Once every thirty minutes, mind. Enough that it is noticeable, though. Some go as far as ten seconds of freeze. A friend of mine bought an SSD in case thats the issue, but three or so people all having it start at the same time is a little weird.

Yeah, my SSD is not even years old and its more than enough to run GTA V so it's weird to see.

• 3 weeks later...