Roleplaying Fire Department response times

hamin

On 9/1/2021 at 8:47 PM, kirbyz said:

Perhaps the role play would be more enjoyable if there was less violence in the server.

Gun shot wounds, heavy back log of outstanding calls, random bodies every ten minutes - there’s just too much violence for first responder factions to handle. 

I like medical role play but I think most legal factions are just desensitized at this point so the effort and enjoyment is hit and miss.

This. I'd have joined FD a while ago but I realized 80% of my time would be dealt dealing with mass shootings by soulless characters in South Central by people who barely passed the application process. I can only imagine people in the faction feel the same.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I'll be completely honest, the /sendtohospital script is genuinely anti-roleplay and while I'm sure PD/SD/SAPR are having less of a headache, for anyone in the medical roleplay world, it's pretty much killed it.

Right now in the PHMC ER, we have people just pop into existence, no transfer of care roleplay, no context, and we just have to shrug and go "so what happened?" And if you know people who roleplay patient's, they're first thought is to go AFK. I've had people who've genuinely wanted to roleplay conditions and provide medical roleplay, but instantly lose motivation the second they're just teleported to the hospital.

This script is terrible for medical roleplay, at least with self-transporting, you had a cop to /explain/ what the hell happened. Now, with EMS totally automated, what the fuck is the point of having an EMS faction? Or a hospital faction? It's pointless.

I was lukewarm on the script before, now I just really fucking hate it. Sorry but it's a terrible idea. It works for coroners because they deal with /dead/ bodies, who have information attached and some level of scripts. The second a player is revived, their wounds go away, and we're left with nada.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
On 10/5/2021 at 1:54 AM, KinnyWynny said:

I'll be completely honest, the /sendtohospital script is genuinely anti-roleplay and while I'm sure PD/SD/SAPR are having less of a headache, for anyone in the medical roleplay world, it's pretty much killed it.

Right now in the PHMC ER, we have people just pop into existence, no transfer of care roleplay, no context, and we just have to shrug and go "so what happened?" And if you know people who roleplay patient's, they're first thought is to go AFK. I've had people who've genuinely wanted to roleplay conditions and provide medical roleplay, but instantly lose motivation the second they're just teleported to the hospital.

This script is terrible for medical roleplay, at least with self-transporting, you had a cop to /explain/ what the hell happened. Now, with EMS totally automated, what the fuck is the point of having an EMS faction? Or a hospital faction? It's pointless.

I was lukewarm on the script before, now I just really fucking hate it. Sorry but it's a terrible idea. It works for coroners because they deal with /dead/ bodies, who have information attached and some level of scripts. The second a player is revived, their wounds go away, and we're left with nada.

I both agree and disagree. Yes, it certainly takes away from the experience and skips over a really important part of such role-play, but think of it this way - that player is being teleported because there is no one available to actually take part in that role-play and transport them. If there was someone, they would've been driven in. Otherwise, if the command wasn't a thing, what would've been the alternative? The people would've either skipped RP-ing that completely or had to wait anywhere between ten minutes and one hour or more, depending on the timezone - time in which most people will certainly lose motivation or interest. Imagine getting into a car accident, your character has a broken leg but you get to literally sit and do "/s Ouch" for one hour before you're able to continue. It's well known that FD can take a lot of time to respond.

Such a command should certainly not be abused (used straight-away, for example), but it can definitely be extremely useful in lots of situations. Sure, a bystander or an officer could drive that person to the hospital but except for some cases, that would be much more unrealistic than NPC-ing an ambulance. Self-transporting is quite rare in real life and if it was fine to do in-game, it would become the norm - and that's not great.

5 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

I both agree and disagree. Yes, it certainly takes away from the experience and skips over a really important part of such role-play, but think of it this way - that player is being teleported because there is no one available to actually take part in that role-play and transport them. If there was someone, they would've been driven in. Otherwise, if the command wasn't a thing, what would've been the alternative? The people would've either skipped RP-ing that completely or had to wait anywhere between ten minutes and one hour or more, depending on the timezone - time in which most people will certainly lose motivation or interest. Imagine getting into a car accident, your character has a broken leg but you get to literally sit and do "/s Ouch" for one hour before you're able to continue. It's well known that FD can take a lot of time to respond.

Such a command should certainly not be abused (used straight-away, for example), but it can definitely be extremely useful in lots of situations. Sure, a bystander or an officer could drive that person to the hospital but except for some cases, that would be much more unrealistic than NPC-ing an ambulance. Self-transporting is quite rare in real life and if it was fine to do in-game, it would become the norm - and that's not great.

yeah but PHMC and FD are two separate factions. you can have 0 FD on but 8 hospital staff. and if there's no FD, they can't be transported. so those 8 PHMC staff get fucked

Just now, L I C E said:

yeah but PHMC and FD are two separate factions. you can have 0 FD on but 8 hospital staff. and if there's no FD, they can't be transported. so those 8 PHMC staff get fucked

That's exactly what I'm saying - in such cases (which are pretty common too), they can either have people popping in or not being there at all. If there's 0 FD online and you get ran over by a car in Vespucci, whoever finds you can either teleport you to the hospital, skip the scene entirely or you'll have to wait for anywhere between minutes to literal hours (of waiting) to get to the hospital. What other alternative could there be in cases like these ones?

This is actually a really good solution.

Just now, Mahitto said:

That's exactly what I'm saying - in such cases (which are pretty common too), they can either have people popping in or not being there at all. If there's 0 FD online and you get ran over by a car in Vespucci, whoever finds you can either teleport you to the hospital, skip the scene entirely or you'll have to wait for anywhere between minutes to literal hours (of waiting) to get to the hospital. What other alternative could there be in cases like these ones?

This is actually a really good solution.

ur missing the point. if there was no FD online, PD would self-transport u in their cruiser to PHMC where they'd take over. instead, the PD just /sendtohospital you and boom walah you're done. rp over.

2 minutes ago, L I C E said:

ur missing the point. if there was no FD online, PD would self-transport u in their cruiser to PHMC where they'd take over. instead, the PD just /sendtohospital you and boom walah you're done. rp over.

Which would be extremely unrealistic. If someone gets ran over, for example, they shouldn't be moved. They could have a spinal injury, or who knows what else. In lots of other situations too. There's a reason why this is a last resort in real life. It's better to NPC it than to role-play something completely unrealistic.

38 minutes ago, L I C E said:

and the issue with that is, we were being forced to self transport people who SHOULDN'T be self transported, or couldn't.

i.e someone gets in a car accident, entrapped, possible spinal injury. first of all, we don't even have the tools to free them from the car, and even if we did, you are not about to throw a guy with a potential spinal injury into the back of a scout and hope for the best. that's how u get sued

I rather have 3 good medical scenes with people focusing on their roleplay and less stress with an NPC option than 5 rushed scenes whilst 5 other are dumped in the back of a patrol car or laying on the side of the road for hours and everyone involved pissed - FD for having to rush scene to scene and getting pressured to respond to call X, LEOs for playing part time EMS with their patrol car and running into big lawsuits, and the victim just being shrugged off with 3 quick emotes, waiting for days ends or receiving more injuries during inproper transport.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic