Roleplaying Fire Department response times

hamin

Just now, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Well that's easy. There are people on this server that like medical RP. But they don't want to be in FD because of the state of the faction.

Shame that's not what this discussion is about, but, you should make another one, or a faction complain with criticism and exmaples, cause that'd be like, actually useful.

1 minute ago, Peak. said:

This wouldn't fix anything. It would just create a further lack of players across more companies. 

This logic follows the assumption that everyone who wants to RP in EMS is already a member of LSFD or planning on becoming one. I’ve met numerous people on this server (many of them actual EMTs/Paramedics) who would be willing to roleplay in EMS, but refuse to join FD due to the state of the faction. 

LSFD is (and I say this as a member of it) a faction that isn’t overly interested in the clinical aspect of EMS. Very few members are interested in learning more about EMS or advancing their understanding of it. Most of them follow guides dating back to early LSRP and they often have a unwelcoming attitude towards individuals who come along and try to help them better understand the realities of EMS. This isn’t universally true of -all- LSFD members, but it is unfortunately very prevalent in their ranks.

So it is understandable that there is a community of prospective EMS roleplayers outside of LSFD who choose not to join that faction.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, TheSenate said:

This logic follows the assumption that everyone who wants to RP in EMS is already a member of LSFD or planning on becoming one. I’ve met numerous people on this server (many of them actual EMTs/Paramedics) who would be willing to roleplay in EMS, but refuse to join FD due to the state of the faction. 

LSFD is (and I say this as a member of it) a faction that isn’t overly interested in the clinical aspect of EMS. Very few members are interested in learning more about EMS or advancing their understanding of it. Most of them follow guides dating back to early LSRP and they often have a unwelcoming attitude towards individuals who come along and try to help them better understand the realities of EMS. This isn’t universally true of -all- LSFD members, but it is unfortunately very prevalent in their ranks.

So it is understandable that there is a community of prospective EMS roleplayers outside of LSFD who choose not to join that faction.

Described perfectly.

19 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

No it is what it's about when one of the solutions to this issue is privatized EMT companies, and the rebuttal was something something something faction war.

I mean, could do with some specific qualms then.
just saying "the state of the faction" doesn't actually provide yknow.. anything, either way.
FD can't improve, private EMS doesn't gain any actual argument from it.
Shit like "Private EMS would benefit characters who wish to more closely work with hospital staff, generally improving the health of said hospital factions" > "The state of the faction" 

20 minutes ago, TheSenate said:

37b214631dbc22d364847675c623f4c6.png

I'm against the whole concept of NPC'ing things at all. Yeah, this is a game, but it's a heavy roleplay server too. If there's no medical units online, that's clearly a staffing issue. There are always plenty of cops online, whereas 4 years ago you'd go a couple hours without a single cop online at all.

There's no logic nor benefit to powergaming an invisible EMT to take someone to the hospital. If nobody's around, then nobody's around. I'm not blaming FD at all for this issue, because the problem may very well be the lack of motivation from potential applicants.

2 hours ago, Florida said:

Create privatized EMT companies.

I'm not against this. I think if this were to be a thing, there would need to be some clear benefits and drawbacks between being a private EMT, and public service EMT (for LSFD).

Furthermore, privatised EMTs may create some competition, which usually has a positive impact. I don't see any real issues coming out of this — so long as there are more EMTs around, then surely everyone should be happy?

48 minutes ago, TheSenate said:

I myself hold said experience, I have been apart of FD, and I agree that clinically there isn't much too it. Then again, is it there fault with the player base generally calling 911 for GSWs and MVAs a very boring and repetitive part of EMS. Where's the Chest Pains, Shortness of Breath, the chronic diseases there are none. Like you say players are following guides. It takes up to three years to even learn the basics of pre-hospital medicine. I just wish LSFD had a surge of players under strong leadership.

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • Zani unlocked this topic