Roleplaying Fire Department response times

hamin

Hi,

As someone who has to reach out to FD in game almost on a daily level, if not a two-or so hourly one,  I've been beginning to think that having 3 nine-one-one calls wanting an ambulance and another 2 requests by SD/PD/GOV/SFM/PR and etcetera is a bit too much for FD to handle, I might be wrong, but that's just what I'm thinking.

It seems like there's a massive load of work for Fire that sadly they cannot realistically handle in terms of activity (not their fault obviously, just how the server is and the fact this is a game) and the amount of situations they need to respond to.

It lead me to ponder the question, how realistic is it that right now sometimes when I've got a person dying in front of me and I reach out to the Fire Department on the radio requesting an RA, I'm told that there are no available units for over 15 minutes and that I, a police officer, have to personally self-transport the man to the hospital? And is there anything that can be done to reduce incidents like this?

And yes, they happen more frequently than anyone would like them to, its gotten to the point everytime I reach out asking for an ambulance on the departmental radio (as an LEO) I'm told that there are no units available and that I'll have to wait, sometimes for a good few minutes before one is even told to respond to me. Again, I'm not blaming anyone in FD, its clearly not their fault they're bombarded with situations in game, but I was wondering if there is anyway to fix this before it becomes even worse.

My main idea was to allow some form of NPC'd treatment and transporation, just like its usually done when there are no DMEC around and there's a random corpse on the street, but one might argue that if that is allowed, it'll make it so there's no point for FD characters to even play as everyone would rather save time and just NPC it.

As such, I figured I'll make a discussion and ask what other people think about it.

• Upvote 7

Honestly, here's my suggestion;

I'd be so down to see a similar /sendtomorgue request system, where it's just /gotohospital, it sends the request to online firefighters (if any) and once you're sent to the hospital it prints out a /do around you so you don't just... Disappear. The determination if you are getting accepted or not is determined by either admins or on-duty firefighters.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Florida said:

Create privatized EMT companies.

LSFD has an EMS Division, the hell is that gonna do?

It'd just make LSFD less staffed and start a LSPD vs LSSD type war.

if you wanna be an EMS, just join the LSFD's EMS division, the issue is numbers and staffing, your suggestion might as well just make it worse, IN MY OPINION of course.

NPC ambos are cool, as long it's a command that has to be accepted so it can't just be abused to skip rp.
Sometimes we simply just don't have RA's, be it because there's one on and they're responding to another 911, or another agencies departmental, or just because they're tired of doing that and are on break, so, seems like a simple fix. 

20 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

LSFD has an EMS Division, the hell is that gonna do?

It'd just make LSFD less staffed and start a LSPD vs LSSD type war.

if you wanna be an EMS, just join the LSFD's EMS division, the issue is numbers and staffing, your suggestion might as well just make it worse, IN MY OPINION of course.

I don’t think you understood what my original post was suggesting. How would that create an SD/PD war 🤔

39 minutes ago, Florida said:

I don’t think you understood what my original post was suggesting. How would that create an SD/PD war 🤔

SD/PD was used as an analogy, since the "war" between them is what would occur should private EMS be introduced.
It'd be unneeded butting of heads when what we have works fine. It's not like adding private EMS would suddenly result in tonnes of medical rpers coming out of the woodworks.
FD isn't really that hard to get into as long as you're decent with learning and can answer questions, so, dunno how a second agency doing the same shit fixes the issue of people/ambulances being unavailable.

1 minute ago, Kari said:

SD/PD was used as an analogy, since the "war" between them is what would occur should private EMS be introduced.
It'd be unneeded butting of heads when what we have works fine. It's not like adding private EMS would suddenly result in tonnes of medical rpers coming out of the woodworks.
FD isn't really that hard to get into as long as you're decent with learning and can answer questions, so, dunno how a second agency doing the same shit fixes the issue of people/ambulances being unavailable.

Well that's easy. There are people on this server that like medical RP. But they don't want to be in FD because of the state of the faction.

• Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
  • Zani unlocked this topic