Can a normal citizen acquire body armor?

robbietwoguns

I'm assuming the answer is no, but I thought I'd ask anyways.  Body armor for a civilian can only be acquired through law enforcement or illegal supplier rp correct?

Also, are there any (normal) clothing items that provide protection?  For example, a motor cycle helmet or football pads?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

As far as I know the only scriptwise armor is available to law enforcement. Nothing stops you from using the clothing objects for vests, however they don't give you any additional health or anything.

Is wearing those clothing items against server rules though?  Understand that they offer no mechanical benefits, but if you wore 'fake' versions (i dunno, like cosplay or something), would that be dealt with in character by police or is it a 'don't do that or your name will be in read text for everyone to see' situation?

1 minute ago, robbietwoguns said:

Is wearing those clothing items against server rules though?  Understand that they offer no mechanical benefits, but if you wore 'fake' versions (i dunno, like cosplay or something), would that be dealt with in character by police or is it a 'don't do that or your name will be in read text for everyone to see' situation?

No, it is not against the rules. As for the IC side of it I've honestly no clue, I don't think body armor is regulated by any law but you should check the laws of san andreas section to make sure.

• Upvote 1
  • dawpi locked this topic