/gps Overhaul/Rework

• 2 weeks later...

Yes please my god. Though to prevent the menu from getting completely cluttered, only list standalone properties. Complexes (e.g. 3 Alta Street) Should show up in the GPS as the following: 3 Alta Street (complex). Make it work for businesses as well because I know for a fact that there are some businesses with the exact same name (e.g. Al Dente's, there's 1 in the Alta/Burton esque area near the big shopping centre, and one in Del Perro which is named Al Dente's Del Perro). Of course, if the script can only find 1 GPS address you input it should of course navigate there immediately. And make it work just if you have a smart phone because c'mon it's 2021 who uses a friggen external GPS. In fact who buys one for every car they have.

Yes, please. Finding a property/business can be quite a chore without a GPS, but it won't take anything else than the exact address, even the floor and room. Also having to go onto the online map just to search a random, weird street name to then have to tag IG and find it on the map is pretty unrealistic considering the day and age we live in.

On 8/18/2021 at 3:19 PM, Beatrix said:

Agree with this, but also it should be added that all new/er cars have GPS installed, it doesn't make sense to install a GPS on Taranis or anything like that since it should have one installed already.

This.

A great suggestion, I most definitely support it.

And if doing this - how about making us able to purchase GPS' in a 24/7 or a hardware or whatever store? Really hate that I have to go to a mechanic for them to ''install'' a GPS in my car which I can get at literally any electronics store nowadays. And, who the heck even uses GPS' like that? It's all about smartphones nowadays.

30 minutes ago, Pogis said:

This.

A great suggestion, I most definitely support it.

And if doing this - how about making us able to purchase GPS' in a 24/7 or a hardware or whatever store? Really hate that I have to go to a mechanic for them to ''install'' a GPS in my car which I can get at literally any electronics store nowadays. And, who the heck even uses GPS' like that? It's all about smartphones nowadays.

just enable the feature on characters with smartphones and keep the car option as well (preferably only for low-end cars). I can easily use GPS on foot irl but am forced to grab any vehicle and 500 cash to have it fitted with GPS, but I can also press escape and point the same system to a point on the map, without spending anything. 

And yes, GPS need to be more lenient in results, it needs to respond to street names alone and to street names and numbers alone

apartment floors and numbers don't change the destination, but are required as input.

Edited by Triple Seven
7 minutes ago, Triple Seven said:

just enable the feature on characters with smartphones and keep the car option as well (preferably only for low-end cars). I can easily use GPS on foot irl but am forced to grab any vehicle and 500 cash to have it fitted with GPS, but I can also press escape and point the same system to a point on the map, without spending anything. 

Yes, I'm all for keeping the option on cars and what not, but having to go to a MECHANIC to buy a GPS? We all know how hard it is to find an open garage nowadays, and if there is one, there's a line of 30 cars in front of you.

And while yes, you can press ESC and put up a waypoint - it doesn't show you the street names nor the house numbers.

7 minutes ago, Pogis said:

Yes, I'm all for keeping the option on cars and what not, but having to go to a MECHANIC to buy a GPS? We all know how hard it is to find an open garage nowadays, and if there is one, there's a line of 30 cars in front of you.

And while yes, you can press ESC and put up a waypoint - it doesn't show you the street names nor the house numbers.

Sure, but honestly, why a separate gps item when we have smartphones? Seems overcomplicated. And yes, the map can show street names and probably numbers, using a mod. Through CEF a map could also be added with a search function so even that is possible.