/gps Overhaul/Rework

Short description: An overhaul/rework to the GPS command in game

Detailed description: It's no secret that the /GPS is underused and almost written off due to the niche way it works. Currently you have to list the whole property name eg -

/gps43 Alta Street, this however is quite hard for people with any language barrier, anyone who doesn't know the exact property name that they want to head to & also the fact that most people aren't usually going to an exact address.

Moving forward?

I think it'd be a lot easier if you were able to do -

/gps Alta, this would then list a menu pop up of EVERY property with the name "Alta" within the server?

I'm unsure how to have the addition of road names also? Potentially /gpsr? Discuss below.

Commands to add: /gps

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? HUGE and SIMPLE QOL to the Taxi sidejob and it is very inviting to newer players, also makes the GPS worth buying on almost any vehicle.

Additional information: Discuss below, I wrote this tired as shit so please ask if you want any more clarification on what the suggestion is about. Keep it civil.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2
Just now, Beatrix said:

Agree with this, but also it should be added that all new/er cars have GPS installed, it doesn't make sense to install a GPS on Taranis or anything like that since it should have one installed already.

eh, not too much of an issue imo as it's only $500, whilst I see your point, it'll be a waste of time to add it to some cars and not others, so I think it's fine how it is, again, just my opinion!

16 hours ago, Yoak said:

Short description: An overhaul/rework to the GPS command in game

Detailed description: It's no secret that the /GPS is underused and almost written off due to the niche way it works. Currently you have to list the whole property name eg -

/gps43 Alta Street, this however is quite hard for people with any language barrier, anyone who doesn't know the exact property name that they want to head to & also the fact that most people aren't usually going to an exact address.

Moving forward?

I think it'd be a lot easier if you were able to do -

/gps Alta, this would then list a menu pop up of EVERY property with the name "Alta" within the server?

I'm unsure how to have the addition of road names also? Potentially /gpsr? Discuss below.

Commands to add: /gps

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? HUGE and SIMPLE QOL to the Taxi sidejob and it is very inviting to newer players, also makes the GPS worth buying on almost any vehicle.

Additional information: Discuss below, I wrote this tired as shit so please ask if you want any more clarification on what the suggestion is about. Keep it civil.

15 hours ago, Beatrix said:

Agree with this, but also it should be added that all new/er cars have GPS installed, it doesn't make sense to install a GPS on Taranis or anything like that since it should have one installed already.

Totally agree that the GPS needs an overhaul. However I think (and I may be in the unpopular opinion here) that the entire system of installing a GPS into a car is completely outdated. This day and age, no one pays for a standalone GPS unit or pays to have one installed. In most cases with newer cars, a GPS system comes standard in the head unit but something like a Garmin (strictly a GPS) is just unrealistic at this point. Almost everyone I know uses Apple Maps or Google Maps from their phones. In my opinion, anyone who has a phone in their inventory should be given access to the GPS without having to go buy one and install it in a car. To me this is an outdated feature. Shoot I use google maps sometimes even when I'm walking to find a place in my city. It even gives you the option of directions while walking, so you don't even have to be in a car to use these apps.