Property Inactivity based on number of times entered

serah

Illegal roleplayers use certain properties as stash houses, meth houses, grow houses etc. This means they won't spend a lot of time in said property, meaning they only enter it to do their thing. Therefore if this idea came into effect these properties would be stripped from the players because they don't sit in it a lot. Suggestion doesn't make sense to me & is awfully catering towards legal Mirror Park residents.

Big no from me.

• Upvote 1

We have many advanced ways to see if someone is actually roleplaying/actively using their property than looking at just hours. It is obviously a dead giveaway if the hours are low. The suggestion itself won't work in practice because people can (knowing this has been implemented) spam Y at their doors and increase their 'entry count'. 

Not sure about this. Don't get me wrong, I love house RP and I literally RP waking up, showering, and doing house things every time I log in and log out. But I don't like the idea of forcing people to use their house to keep it. I should be able to use my house when I want to use it, not because an inactivity script is constantly threatening to take my house away if I don't visit it every day. 

These property inactivity rules are getting insane. With the recent update, now people have to play a minimum of 5 hours every 2 weeks to keep their house. Which is fair, But now we're suggesting to force players to enter their house a certain amount of times too? What's next? People are gonna suggest that you need 50 lines of house RP per month to keep your house.

Not a fan of the idea. Regular activity is good enough.

I spend an average of probably 40% of the time I'm in game in my character's house but I'm gonna have to say no. The new guidelines on activity that were forwarded by Nervous/PM yesterday look like good steps in the right direction as it is. This would be easy to script and automate should it be put into place and therefore the people who are bypassing the system in the first place could very easily do a similar thing here; which is more difficult to avoid given how PM plans on setting out inactive properties.

Yes.

The current system is clearly quite flawed, since I see way too many neighbourhoods completely abandoned, yet all the houses are taken.

Way back, Mirror Park houses were all taken. There was a huge inactivity wipe and then all the houses were up for grabs, which brought back activity to the area; unfortunately it also made the neighbourhood the central hub of roleplay on the server. It seems that history repeats itself, and other neighbourhoods (along with Mirror Park) have no houses available to purchase but they're also barren and generally inactive. It doesn't help that some factions penalise you for not having a house (despite them not actually being very useful at all other than to provide a storage spot).

I presume the people who are against this may be part of the problem, though I'm not saying the majority are, by any means.

If you're not using your house, why have it? I'm not really the type of person to push for interior roleplay (low FPS isn't something I enjoy) but if you're not even active in the neighbourhood your character's living in, why do you have a house there? You could let someone else have the house instead.

Furthermore, the announcement regarding the new system may be a step in the right direction, but it also somewhat encourages the house-flipping madness we had some years back, which people were against.

Edited by Aquila