Disallow certain commands after the usage of a weapon / causing damage to a player

Wisci

On 8/16/2021 at 8:24 PM, i dont wanna od in LA said:

This is honestly the worst suggestion I've seen in a while. Say you get punched by a misslick and now you can't /vp your car for the next 30 minutes. There's a lot of examples like this & honestly nothing stops you from reporting people who abuse those commands (yes, admins have full logs for the usage of those) so there literally is no need for this.

I've already proposed a suggestion to counter that, but it was met with a lot of negative responses for some unknown reason. People don't know what they want, and it's unsurprising.

I think this is a good suggestion, and I'm all for it. I'm not sure why people are against this at all, given that there are way too many reports or complaints now of people shooting up someone then logging off. Do people want a solution, or do they just want to complain about situations instead?

16 hours ago, knppel said:

Can someone please explain me why the ability to /vp a car at any given time is needed for roleplay again?

Or the ability to change character fast (technically restricted by rules anyway if one engages in criminal acts)?

Given the rules demand us to stay online for possible prosecution or retaliation anyway for 30 minutes, there's absolutely no downside in enforcing this so admins do not have to check out so much but can run after the actual quitters (quitting, for obvious reasons, was left in as it still might be necessary at any time for a player).

Furthermore, it would encourage people to pay attention to not "missclick" unless it was an actual mistake.

Definitive +1 from me.

It almost makes you think that the people against the suggestion are the ones breaking the rules or something. I just find it kinda strange.

Edited by Aquila
  • Upvote 1

Not the suggestion the community wants, but the suggestion the community deserves.

Aside from the scrolling timer (due to "auto" scrolling whenever one enters a car bug), there is little reason to not go for the suggested ideas. Makes it easier on both admin team handling less amounts of reports surrounding individuals committing crimes and directly logging off or abusing the listed script commands and the community with less reports, refund requests and others to write to begin with.

"Abusers gonna abuse", there will always be loopholes, but this is a beginning. Anyone that goes around these restrictions despite being warned (e.g. text messages "You cannot leave the game directly after an active situation, refer to Rule 1 - Common Courtesy" when trying to /changechar) should reconsider their reasons to be on this server either way.

A middle ground or "soft disable" would be a text warning alone when using any of the commands within the time frame suggested in the original post. The player having to confirm and understand the warning text before proceeding. This can show in the logs through a seperate command (e.g. /confirmwarning) and the likes. In cases of a game bug, missclick or similar this has little effect. In case of a breach of common courtesy or abuse of any commands, it is a red flag in the logs and can easily be traced back to a player.

• Upvote 2

Why won't you be allowed to change outfits at a vehicle? That part just completely punishes illegal RP for no good reason. If a criminal is smart enough to pack new clothes in their car and change right after a robbery to avoid identification, good for them. Why punish that by making it impossible to change at a vehicle after a crime? 

4 hours ago, Aquila said:

It almost makes you think that the people against the suggestion are the ones breaking the rules or something. I just find it kinda strange.

This here. Yes, autohouse-owning characters that frequently have collission bugs might be an exception from the rule.

3 hours ago, orca112 said:

Not the suggestion the community wants, but the suggestion the community deserves.

Preach

1 minute ago, ScarletRose said:

Why won't you be allowed to change outfits at a vehicle?

Well, one still could even with a 30 minute timer. Just roleplay washing off the gunshot residue properly and burn the old clothes and you'll see 30 minutes pass in no time. Or well, in 30 minutes but you get me.

All this assuming you fired shots or beat someone, that is- as long as you've not missclicked or gotten into a fight you'd be able to use it normally anytime anyway.

29 minutes ago, knppel said:

Well, one still could even with a 30 minute timer. Just roleplay washing off the gunshot residue properly and burn the old clothes and you'll see 30 minutes pass in no time. Or well, in 30 minutes but you get me. All this assuming you fired shots or beat someone, that is- as long as you've not missclicked or gotten into a fight you'd be able to use it normally anytime anyway.

This still presents a problem. There are legitimate ways to change the outfit of your character within 30 minutes of meeting the conditions described in the first post. That should not be locked behind a timer.

Edited by mj2002

Changing outfits can literally mean unbuttoning a shirt or putting on a sweater.

Hunting involves using guns and special outfits, too. And there are other exceptions.

If you want it to show a message, require confirmation,and record each instance of it, sure, but blocking it feels kinda counter to RP.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 3:18 AM, peasoup said:

If you want it to show a message, require confirmation,and record each instance of it, sure, but blocking it feels kinda counter to RP.

I do actually like this idea, among the few that have suggested it in this thread. Having a notifications such as "Do not use /outfit to change outfits without roleplay or to clothes that would not realistically be present, especially immediately following a crime." in bold in the chat may only serve as a deterrent to honest people, but will at least serve as a warning admins can stand behind if someone's caught in the act. And a good reminder if you're having an off day. 

Edited by Wisci
  • Wuhtah locked this topic