Disallow certain commands after the usage of a weapon / causing damage to a player

Wisci

I dont see why anyone who plays by the rules would be against this suggestion. Everything posted above can easily be worked around if this is implemented. It seems like people are just saying no because they want to be able to abuse the system.

• Applaud 1

I'd say scrolling shouldn't be an issue, and maybe this needs some tweaking with time limits and stuff, but I generally like it. Preventing abuse is good. People consistently abuse these commands, but it often goes unreported; if someone commits a crime and then changes character, admins only really know about it if it's reported. If nobody knows they did that... it's not reported. Therefore, it goes unpunished, like, a lot.

11 hours ago, CaffeineHigh said:

How do I say this nicely...

Not in 1000 years.

If you want to improve roleplay, script limitations is not the way to go, it has never been. There are already plenty of measures in place to detect abuse and rule breaking. This would only bring more limitations to a players QoL. When I drive away from a scene after blasting someone's face off, and RP changing my clothing at my house, or in an alleyway at my car, I do not want to wait half an hour before I can actually change my clothes.

I can agree with you to an extent. I am definitely not aware of all the rules that are out there already as you are. However, I do believe what the person mentioned above has some truth in it. Just to apply what was suggested would take quite a bit of time to perfect it. Say a dude gets shot in the head right? Script-wise doesn’t die, drives off right away, comes back to his house or whatever, changes the his clothing and goes back into city as if nothing happened. That’s jot so fair, is it? 

Edited by Farmer

Can someone please explain me why the ability to /vp a car at any given time is needed for roleplay again?

Or the ability to change character fast (technically restricted by rules anyway if one engages in criminal acts)?

Given the rules demand us to stay online for possible prosecution or retaliation anyway for 30 minutes, there's absolutely no downside in enforcing this so admins do not have to check out so much but can run after the actual quitters (quitting, for obvious reasons, was left in as it still might be necessary at any time for a player).

Furthermore, it would encourage people to pay attention to not "missclick" unless it was an actual mistake.

Definitive +1 from me.

8 minutes ago, knppel said:

Can someone please explain me why the ability to /vp a car at any given time is needed for roleplay again?

Or the ability to change character fast (technically restricted by rules anyway if one engages in criminal acts)?

Mostly to fix bugs with sync, OOC misclicks or mistakes, or unintended vehicle damage or related bugs. This happens often.

17 hours ago, Sabess said:

I'd say scrolling shouldn't be an issue, and maybe this needs some tweaking with time limits and stuff, but I generally like it. Preventing abuse is good. People consistently abuse these commands, but it often goes unreported; if someone commits a crime and then changes character, admins only really know about it if it's reported. If nobody knows they did that... it's not reported. Therefore, it goes unpunished, like, a lot.

The reason I included scrolling was to account for actions such as robberies that don’t involve firing the weapon. 

9 minutes ago, Wisci said:

The reason I included scrolling was to account for actions such as robberies that don’t involve firing the weapon. 

That makes sense, but currently the game often forces you to scroll just because it feels like it (usually getting in/out of a vehicle), so that's an issue. Given it'd be nice if they fixed that.

• Wuhtah locked this topic