Disallow certain commands after the usage of a weapon / causing damage to a player

Wisci

Short description: When utilizing a weapon or causing damage to someone with unarmed, players should be restricted from using /changechar, /vp, /fixveh, and /outfit (at the trunk) for a duration to prevent common abuse.

Detailed description: The usage of /changechar, /vpark, /fixveh and /outfit (at a vehicle) should be disabled if one of the following conditions is met;

• Player has caused damage to another player with unarmed attacks within the last 5 minutes.
  • Player has scrolled a melee weapon or firearm within the last 15 minutes.
  • Player has fired a firearm regardless of hitting a target within the last 30 minutes.
  • Player has caused damage to another player with a melee weapon within the last 30 minutes.
  • Player has taken damage from a firearm or melee weapon within the last 15 minutes.

If possible, this should persist even if a player disconnects and reconnects to avoid. What this wouldn't prevent;

• Players can still move a vehicle into a garage.
  • Players can still use /outfit within a property.
  • Players can still /vget another vehicle and pick it up from its last known location, ditching their existing vehicle.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? This would simply dissuade the most common methods of abuse to quickly drop heat following an incident / crime, or refresh a character's health pool and remove /damages.

Additional information:

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

I don't know if it's just me or not, but every time I enter a vehicle it scrolls my gun, requiring me to unscroll it again.

I'd rather not have to wait 15 minutes to be able to change character because of something silly like that.

This bug needs to be resolved before implementing the suggestion, I'd agree. Assuming it would trip the detection of equipping a weapon.

43 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

This is honestly the worst suggestion I've seen in a while. Say you get punched by a misslick and now you can't /vp your car for the next 30 minutes. There's a lot of examples like this & honestly nothing stops you from reporting people who abuse those commands (yes, admins have full logs for the usage of those) so there literally is no need for this.

I understand misclicks happen a lot. If you read the bullet points, it’s 5 minutes if you punch someone is what I recommended. You also wouldn’t be restricted if someone punched you, only if you were struck with a melee weapon. 

Misuse of the commands is pretty wide spread and this would limit the unneeded time for admins to deal with such reports. 

Edited by Wisci

How do I say this nicely...

Not in 1000 years.

If you want to improve roleplay, script limitations is not the way to go, it has never been. There are already plenty of measures in place to detect abuse and rule breaking. This would only bring more limitations to a players QoL. When I drive away from a scene after blasting someone's face off, and RP changing my clothing at my house, or in an alleyway at my car, I do not want to wait half an hour before I can actually change my clothes.

5 hours ago, CaffeineHigh said:

How do I say this nicely...

Not in 1000 years.

If you want to improve roleplay, script limitations is not the way to go, it has never been. There are already plenty of measures in place to detect abuse and rule breaking. This would only bring more limitations to a players QoL. When I drive away from a scene after blasting someone's face off, and RP changing my clothing at my house, or in an alleyway at my car, I do not want to wait half an hour before I can actually change my clothes.

7 hours ago, Wisci said:

If possible, this should persist even if a player disconnects and reconnects to avoid. What this wouldn't prevent;

• Players can still use /outfit within a property.

6 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

This is honestly the worst suggestion I've seen in a while. Say you get punched by a misslick and now you can't /vp your car for the next 30 minutes. There's a lot of examples like this & honestly nothing stops you from reporting people who abuse those commands (yes, admins have full logs for the usage of those) so there literally is no need for this.

• Wuhtah locked this topic