RageMP closes

Moonsong

Howdy,

I have a friend who has been struggling to launch into the server since the update to 1.1, from what I gather this is what is happening;

click on server

establishes connection

rockstar social club pops up

verifies installation

then steam pops up saying its launching gta v

then rage closes

gta v launches in to the main menu

All the obvious stuff has been tried, admin mode, closing steam, playing sp for a bit, editing the config, turned off cloud saves, win defender, clearing the rage folder, multiple reinstalls of rage and the game, folders on C:/, all the .net distros and a fresh windows local account and so on. Kind of at a loss as to what's causing this.

He's currently running a Dell windows 7 with the following specs;

Core i5 2400

8GB RAM

GTX 1070

Edited by Moonsong
4 minutes ago, Zt4e said:

Try joining a random FiveM server and play it for a couple of minutes, maybe walk/drive around the city or something. I had a similar problem some weeks ago and all I did to fix it was playing a FiveM server for a little bit.

Not convinced how this one will work given it's a different client, but I've passed it on nonetheless and will post the outcome later.

This sounds so stupid but it kept happening to me once, and even to my main GTA game.

All I had were user_resources mods, no ENBs, no Menyoo, nothing in my GTAV Steam directory.

How I fixed it? Restarted my PC, complete restart. Using the OS option, not holding down the power button. And it worked fine thereon. I noticed you didn't put it in your initial list of what's tried, I know it sounds goofy but if it hasn't been done yet it probably will work. And if your friend has had the PC on for ages, restarted it, then it did that, then restart again. Cos the latter also happened to me.

Hope it helps, wish him luck. 🙂

Edited by Wynters
  • 1 month later...
  • dawpi locked this topic