Spearfishing

robbietwoguns

Short description: Add the ability to /spearfish in a designated location like we do today for regular fishing.  

Detailed description: I found the other day that if you jump in the water with scuba gear on at a current fishing location, you can continue fishing underneath the actual water.  So I thought it would be cool to add a 4th fishing spot that's underwater.  You'd just have to have scuba gear, probably a boat to get there and all that.

Commands to add: /spearfish

Items to add: Instead of a fishing pole animation, your scuba steve gets a 'harpoon' gun for underwater fishing (hunting?  spearing?).

How would your suggestion improve the server? Add an interesting way to fish by placing a fishing location underwater.

Additional information: I think I know of a perfect location, or at least one, maybe someone know one better, but these rocks to the north of Paleto have some interesting 'sea cliffs' that just drop off into deep waters.  It would be cool to spearfish around there.

image.png.2ce9bfb08701d21195cd6393cfd79dc5.png

7 hours ago, KreacherBE said:

Yes, I agree spearfishing sounds cool.
BUT!
There shouldn't just magicaly appear a speargun on your hands add it to the hunting license script is something I'd say.
Don't know if its possible tho.

True, that's a good idea.  I was thinking how the fishing pole magically appears in your hands, but maybe the fishing pole should be bought too?

6 hours ago, Yoak said:

Nah

cool idea but will be forgotten about after a day, same as hunting and all the other scripts added

I still enjoy hunting myself, but that's me. 🙂

14 hours ago, robbietwoguns said:

True, that's a good idea.  I was thinking how the fishing pole magically appears in your hands, but maybe the fishing pole should be bought too?

I still enjoy hunting myself, but that's me. 🙂

If it was down to me... Every pole should be bought ;D

Spoiler
On 8/13/2021 at 9:15 AM, robbietwoguns said:

Short description: Add the ability to /spearfish in a designated location like we do today for regular fishing.  

Detailed description: I found the other day that if you jump in the water with scuba gear on at a current fishing location, you can continue fishing underneath the actual water.  So I thought it would be cool to add a 4th fishing spot that's underwater.  You'd just have to have scuba gear, probably a boat to get there and all that.

Commands to add: /spearfish

Items to add: Instead of a fishing pole animation, your scuba steve gets a 'harpoon' gun for underwater fishing (hunting?  spearing?).

How would your suggestion improve the server? Add an interesting way to fish by placing a fishing location underwater.

Additional information: I think I know of a perfect location, or at least one, maybe someone know one better, but these rocks to the north of Paleto have some interesting 'sea cliffs' that just drop off into deep waters.  It would be cool to spearfish around there.

image.png.2ce9bfb08701d21195cd6393cfd79dc5.png

+1. Supporting. 👍

• Wuhtah locked this topic