Fishing in Mirror Park lake and Land Act Reservoir

Aquila

Short description: Fishing

Detailed description: Add two new spots for fishing - the lake in Mirror Park, and the Land Act Reservoir. I know that in the real life Echo Park is pretty popular for fishing, and the Morris Reservoir does have fishermen but it's illegal there as far as I'm aware. It'd be nice to see more fishing spots. There really is nothing more I can add to the suggestion to explain it further. The fishing spot itself could be either be by the docks, or on the island.

Spoiler

g8UQRRP.png

Spoiler

1njpYuP.png

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: Maybe some fish that are found in lakes instead of the sea? Would need further discussion. The ones found in the reservoir (north of Mirror Park) should have rarer fish if it becomes illegal.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Mallrat culture in Mirror Park is still happening. May as well add a job here for people. I can't really think of any other area with water except for the Vespucci Canals.

Additional information: Sadly fishing is a rare thing nowadays. It's a great roleplay medium and I feel it should be brought back.

Edited by Aquila

I think this is a pretty good idea, however, limiting the kinds of fish might make it where people won't fish there and still end up going to the pier... but then we don't want people only going to Mirror Park. Need some sort of medium. I didn't have my coffee yet so don't look at me for an answer. 

Fishing from a man-made bond in  a public park is kind of unrealistic. Boat fishing should be added. And a lot of more fishing spots around the map that can run out of fish every once in a  while so you need to move to another place or go deep sea fishing with a boat.

20 minutes ago, Yabbu said:

Fishing from a man-made bond in  a public park is kind of unrealistic. Boat fishing should be added. And a lot of more fishing spots around the map that can run out of fish every once in a  while so you need to move to another place or go deep sea fishing with a boat.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g32655-d276912-r122321699-Echo_Park-Los_Angeles_California.html

http://www.echoparkforums.com/2014/06/echo-park-lake-fishing-information/

http://fishingnetwork.net/index.php?pageid=echo

1 hour ago, Aquila said:

Yes as a regulated recreational activity but not a commercial fishing.

On the other hand it would actually be good to fish in there as it would bring more activity to the area. I'm 50/50 now, thanks a lot.

Fishing was bought up before but a new fishing script/boat fishing has been deemed as low priority. As far as Mirror Park fishing goes..I'm not so sure about it due to the fact that it would be very close to the selling point and the pond isn't exactly that big. Maybe the suggestion above about common/uncommon  fishes only could be relatively easy to implement. 

• Apache locked this topic