Enforce a stricter /attributes policy

5 hours ago, peteyy said:

What's wrong with this? I only start losing braincells when people write their entire childhood.

It's somewhat okay, but it's not enough and it's pretty lazy. When you look at someone, you don't just notice their height and weight, but distinguishing facial features or build, or possible racial/ethnic background. GTA:O Protagonists don't really give us too much to go off, especially when a lot of people struggle with character creation.

You just need to include what gang the tattoos are affiliated too, we don't need people going around and writing about the details and designs of their tattoos. Especially if they're a person covered in tattoos. The /attributes rule doesn't need to be made stricter.

• Applaud 1
1 hour ago, hipsxn said:

You just need to include what gang the tattoos are affiliated too, we don't need people going around and writing about the details and designs of their tattoos. Especially if they're a person covered in tattoos. The /attributes rule doesn't need to be made stricter.

Could you identify any gang's ink from 100 paces in real life?  The majority of bangers aren't walking about with the full name of their crew blatantly written 100x over their bodies, and the examples of people with the full gang name on their foreheads are photographed as a thing that's so rare they want people to see it.   They are preventing blatant metagaming when they don't advertise the gang names in /examine so only those who'd really be in the know who ask in /do would be able to figure it out.

2 hours ago, hipsxn said:

This is just me, but I couldn't care less about gang tattoos. All I want is for people to actually portray their character properly and go into detail of their attributes, like how they look, sound, smell, etc. because otherwise, they may as well be playing an MMORPG where these factors are completely irrelevant.

They are definitely relevant in a heavy roleplay server, but we don't enforce it somehow.

Just wanting to publicly state that ofcourse VERY VISIBLE attributes don't require /attributes even, because you can easily see it. Thats clearly listed in the feature description. I was warned by @Brian3898 because I listed my character's height and weight doesnt deviate from the GTA5 model, even though /attributes in that case doesnt even require me to input that detail.

Any opinion on that, Brian? Could you explain your view on the matter a bit more in detail?

I think it'd be a real contribution to this thread.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
33 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Can you also please clarify on why not all the staff has your ruling?

Biscuit clearly is the opposite of you.

I'm sure if you have an issue with Brian's actions, a staff report would be more suitable than calling them out over minor things over the forum. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Phased said:

I'm sure if you have an issue with Brian's actions, a staff report would be more suitable than calling them out over minor things over the forum. 🙂

It's okay to ask questions - there is no issue with this. Be kind to each other, please.

All admins are different in their ruling of things (this does not impact the player). Usually - when you look at someone's character - you assume they are THAT. The /attributes are there to let others know that it differentiates. You don't need to say "it looks the same as what you see". If some people want to say this - then sure, go ahead... Just make it realistic. I don't know exactly how tall the character model is or what size it is, but if you want to say that it looks roughly the same - describe it out - I see no issue with this. But don't say "Jane looks the same as the character model." - We tend to aim away from this because realistically, the player models would all be different if we could create them fully - expand on your thoughts here. 

• Upvote 1