Enforce a stricter /attributes policy

2 minutes ago, HaminLord said:

helping to bump this up again

image.png.0c96ceef32ea9659136b03d376110e97.png

this is the first character i came across after coming back from a 2 week absence, pls for god sake put some actual guidelines and rules around /attributes, its gotten to the point its so horrendous it makes me avoid doing /examine on people i come across

Yeah okay thats a bit TOO much.

Look, I don't propose to enforce more detailed /attributes to the point like that, but to simply describe vital and visible info more detailed. Like, instead of saying ''has gang tattoos'', people should describe said tattoos.

8 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Yeah okay thats a bit TOO much.

Look, I don't propose to enforce more detailed /attributes to the point like that, but to simply describe vital and visible info more detailed. Like, instead of saying ''has gang tattoos'', people should describe said tattoos.

the gang tattoos part is w/e, the real issue is people creating characters attributes based and what could only be described as their fetishes, no offense to anyone

• Applaud 1

How about we concentrate on the people describing huge tits and ass before knocking on people not giving enough description over gang tattoo's, since the former is STILL very much a problem and doesn't need to be added into the /attributes.

8 minutes ago, Jura said:

How about we concentrate on the people describing huge tits and ass before knocking on people not giving enough description over gang tattoo's, since the former is STILL very much a problem and doesn't need to be added into the /attributes.

this

58 minutes ago, Phased said:

All black eyes and 5 fingers excluding thumbs on each hand.  Clearly missed out a line that said they are a fucking alien.

There are actually lenses that cover the entirey of the eye including the white parts. It is mostly worn by gothic's and emo's, though still rare in their culture.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson

I do not intend to backseat moderate, but please people be courteous. No one wants a thread locked because it came down to the point people start actively bashing people. I'm saying this as the author of this thread, not as a backseat moderator.

If you want to show exemple, please censor out any names as it might trigger people to start bashing or to harass.

Thanks ❤️ 

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
7 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

If you want to show exemple, please censor out any names as it might trigger people to start bashing or to harass.

Also, there are times when an attribute, that would seem "outlandish" or "mallratty" or whatever to *one specific person*, may have an actual and very solid RP reason to exist 😛 

I like the idea of being a bit more stringent on the /attributes. Like your original example, "gang tattoos", is an empty description: it says nothing useful. It would be as if I asked what engine is in a car, and I was told "an engine". Great, thanks... that's fucking useful xD

But regulating how characters look would definitely reduce opportunities for everyone, and badly. If a character has weird/dumbish attributes that have no RP sense, I can just not RP with them (and if everyone does that, the problem solves itself). But the example of the black eyes, there's an entire segment of tattoo culture that does that, using special tattoo ink to dye the eye. In fact, some gangs in Poland do that, as well as an increasing amount of gangs in the US (including MS13s)... it would feel weird to forbid something that exists IRL and is a growing part of gang culture, because maybe some player might have it for a reason that could not be amazing according to some random on the forum 😕 

Keeping to something simple ("make sure the information in your description is useful and relevant") could be better.