A way to permanently turn off the radio, as to stop leaking your IP everywhere

Kappaurel

I highly doubt there is a single radio station owner on GTAW who specifically watches over their station analytics to see exactly who's connecting, where they're from, what their IP is, and using that info for malicious purposes. Not everyone who sees your IP online is out to get you. The chances that a radio station host on GTAW DDOS'es you solely because you connected to their radio is very very very slim. 

Perhaps both sides should be protected, host and client, by the server handling the communications for the radio stations (client connects to server, radio connects to server, server relays the appropriate station) in a way this would work as a VPN for both station owners and players. Client doesn't get radio IP, station owner doesn't get player IP.

I'm going to lock this until implementation if any, and will clear some misunderstandings

- Your IP address is what is already technically shared everywhere you go

- No people cannot find your address with your IP address

- No we cannot associate your user or character to your IP when connecting to a station

- 99% of the stations are not hosted by the players, but by large radio hosts or ourselves, so they do not access your IP.

Lot of modern games (including GTA Online) works by sharing your IP to everyone while you play, so you should always expect your IP to not be private when playing.

However, if someone wanted to be malicious and get a specific high privilege user's IP or for harassment purpose (can still be used as a way to scare someone), it would be doable to self host a radio and collect IPs coming on it. While the probability of having someone malicious is very low and the impact of an IP leak is extremely low, I still understand the concern of some.