Is cereal a form of soup?

Yoak

6 hours ago, Valkyria said:

What if you bring the milk to a boil before putting cereal in?

okay well to be honest i shoulda specified that soup probably also needs some kind of seasoning, maybe also a stock for the liquid and couple more ingredients than just cereal. i know cereal's heavily processed anyway and you could argue those extra ingredients exist in the making of the cereal so fair point.

so i mean hey, if you boil milk and make a cereal soup, more power to you

but definitely pouring cold milk over cereal does not constitute it as a soup, not in my eyes anyway and a chef would probably gun you down for such heresy

8 hours ago, Aquila said:

Logically it's better that way, so the cereal doesn't get all soggy. The problem is we can't gauge the volume of how much milk we should put in, unless we experiment every time we have cereal.

No it's not a soup and you should be arrested for trying to manipulate this fact. All in favour, say die.

I don't use logic, I never have. I just do it.

11 hours ago, Aquila said:

Logically it's better that way, so the cereal doesn't get all soggy. The problem is we can't gauge the volume of how much milk we should put in, unless we experiment every time we have cereal.

No it's not a soup and you should be arrested for trying to manipulate this fact. All in favour, say die.

Logically, I am surprised to see rahi badman back in 2021. . .

but milk goes in after the cereal

• Kenth locked this topic