Character creation form / chart

BaBulie

Hello! A few years back, I created a character creation form for myself to ensure that I would always have a reference for the rich backstory I envisioned for my characters. I've recently polished it up and trimmed it down, reducing it to a more manageable size, with a few empty spaces here and there to allow for expansion.

To create the form, I used a guide on character creation for books as a base and tailored it to be user-friendly for gtaw, with all the necessary information about your character in one place. Unfortunately, as it requires filling out and potentially moving things around, it cannot be saved as a pdf. Instead, I saved it as a .docx file that can be easily opened on Microsoft Word or Google Docs.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback on the form. I hope it proves useful in your own character creation process or helps you further develop your existing character(s). Personally, I find it incredibly handy to have open in the background when roleplaying with others, delving into my character's past.

EDIT: The v1.1 download appears to have broken. I have since added a couple of more sections at the bottom, creating version 1.2, and I'm now hosting the file on discord instead, so hopefully this link stays working.

Download version 1.2

Edited by BaBulie
Added version 1.2
  • Upvote 9
  • Thanks 4
  • 11 months later...

Very helpful. I'm going to bump this a little, it gets easily lost in the amount of infinite guides. Very helpful if you want to give your character traits. And if you happen to return after some time, or happen to have more characters, you can just check the document. 

Edited by Mastry
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 10:53 AM, Mastry said:

Very helpful. I'm going to bump this a little, it gets easily lost in the amount of infinite guides. Very helpful if you want to give your character traits. And if you happen to return after some time, or happen to have more characters, you can just check the document. 

I was looking for character creation as for "surgery" but found this lol. I wish I found this before I made my current character. I spent days creating her dictionary. Would have been faster with this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a lovely form/preliminary guideline that people could definitely use to guide them through the character creation process. So so so! I'm going to add to it.

https://www.16personalities.com/personality-types

The above link is an interactive website that helps you choose and create your character's personality and vibe. There's LOADS of stuff to choose from and they give you a detailed explanation of how each personality varies from one another, helping you to get into the mindset of the character you wish to portray. Feel free to check it out, as it ahs been my personal go-to website for awhile now.

• Upvote 2
  • 6 months later...
On 8/8/2021 at 12:43 PM, BaBulie said:

Hello! A few years back, I created a character creation form for myself to ensure that I would always have a reference for the rich backstory I envisioned for my characters. I've recently polished it up and trimmed it down, reducing it to a more manageable size, with a few empty spaces here and there to allow for expansion.

To create the form, I used a guide on character creation for books as a base and tailored it to be user-friendly for gtaw, with all the necessary information about your character in one place. Unfortunately, as it requires filling out and potentially moving things around, it cannot be saved as a pdf. Instead, I saved it as a .docx file that can be easily opened on Microsoft Word or Google Docs.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback on the form. I hope it proves useful in your own character creation process or helps you further develop your existing character(s). Personally, I find it incredibly handy to have open in the background when roleplaying with others, delving into my character's past.

Character creation form v1.1.docx 21.19 kB · 841 downloads

The word document is empty when I download it. Do you happen to have a backup version somewhere?

• Upvote 1