Character creation form / chart

BaBulie

Hello! I was recently reminded by @ARAPA that I mentioned a character chart that I had made for myself in a thread about creating legal characters, and that I would share it with the community at some point.

Well, I spent some time cleaning it up today. I told ARAPA that I would trim it down a bit, because 14 pages is a bit ridiculous, so now it's 16 pages, whoops! Don't worry, there is a lot of empty space to make it look presentable. I took most of the information from a guide on creating characters for books, and adapted it to a format that's easy to read and change. When filled out, it should basically contain all the information there is to know about your character.

Because you need to fill it out I couldn't make it a pdf (since the input fields need to expand and push the rest of the document further down, and you might want to add more rows in some of the tables), so instead I made it a .docx format. If you don't have Microsoft Word, just use Google Docs like I do, you can upload a .docx format without issue. There is also Word Online but I haven't tried it.

Let me know what you think! Feedback is welcome. I hope this helps in your character creation process, and also to help expand your current character(s) a bit! I use it a lot when talking about my character's past with someone IC, it's super handy to have open in the background.

Character creation form v1.1.docx

Edited by BaBulie
  • Upvote 7
  • Thanks 2

I remember being brand new to RP and creating notepads where I would write down information about my characters so I could easily use it for reference and get immersed into the character better. This is that, but clearly taken to an extreme. Can definitely be helpful for some people, cheers.

• 11 months later...

Very helpful. I'm going to bump this a little, it gets easily lost in the amount of infinite guides. Very helpful if you want to give your character traits. And if you happen to return after some time, or happen to have more characters, you can just check the document. 

Edited by Mastry
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 10:53 AM, Mastry said:

Very helpful. I'm going to bump this a little, it gets easily lost in the amount of infinite guides. Very helpful if you want to give your character traits. And if you happen to return after some time, or happen to have more characters, you can just check the document. 

I was looking for character creation as for "surgery" but found this lol. I wish I found this before I made my current character. I spent days creating her dictionary. Would have been faster with this.

• 1 month later...