CCW Rework

go getta

Agreed that CCW's should be strictly for security / government workers as in real life. Unless you are fishing/hunting/camping. Too many civilians have firearms and want to play "vigilante" by shooting at anyone they see in a gunfight. 

40 minutes ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

Agreed that CCW's should be strictly for security / government workers as in real life. Unless you are fishing/hunting/camping. Too many civilians have firearms and want to play "vigilante" by shooting at anyone they see in a gunfight. 

this is not europe

• Upvote 1

I will give the perspective of someone who mostly plays on the illegal side of roleplay on this server: If criminals are robbing people to get guns, the issue is clearly that there is a lack of more realistic supply routes. 

Guns stolen from legitimate owners of firearms make up a very small minority of guns used in crime in the United States. I believe IFM is going to address this, following their findings in the most recent wide-scale IFM survey.

1 hour ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

Not happening.

Around 3 million Americans carry a concealed firearm on them every single day; to work, in public, for the mere purpose of their own self protection.

In the US it's becoming easier, not more difficult, to attained a concealed carry permit with many states passing various bills that have ensured over 11.8 million permits handed out between 1999 and 2016, an over 500% increase since 1999.

Los Santos very clearly is not Los Angeles. Weed still isn't legalized despite medical cannabis being legal in California since 1996. We have a city government split between Republican and Democrat, which would be unheard of in Los Angeles. Los Santos has the murder rate of all of Mexico (around 96 murders a day).

This thread is basically arguing the chicken or the egg; Did people start attaining CCW's because of excessive robberies, or did excessive robberies start because of all the people with CCW's?

If you want to punish the robbers for their poor portrayal, report them. Don't make it more difficult for citizens - who are essentially reacting logically to the crime ridden city surrounding them - from being able to defend themselves.

The odus of responsibility in realistic escalation is on those initiating the escalation; as such, the robbers who are initiating these robberies are at fault for them, not the victims of said crimes. Punish the robbers instead of the CCW holders.

2 hours ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

I'm starting to think you're not even from LA with a comment like this... Have you been deceiving me for the past 12 years?

2 hours ago, kristofer said:

this is not europe

Try telling that to over half the server. Although even Europeans would prefer having guns in this game because they can't carry them in the real world.

16 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Around 3 million Americans carry a concealed firearm on them every single day; to work, in public, for the mere purpose of their own self protection.

In the US it's becoming easier, not more difficult, to attained a concealed carry permit with many states passing various bills that have ensured over 11.8 million permits handed out between 1999 and 2016, an over 500% increase since 1999.

Los Santos very clearly is not Los Angeles. Weed still isn't legalized despite medical cannabis being legal in California since 1996. We have a city government split between Republican and Democrat, which would be unheard of in Los Angeles. Los Santos has the murder rate of all of Mexico (around 96 murders a day).

This thread is basically arguing the chicken or the egg; Did people start attaining CCW's because of excessive robberies, or did excessive robberies start because of all the people with CCW's?

If you want to punish the robbers for their poor portrayal, report them. Don't make it more difficult for citizens - who are essentially reacting logically to the crime ridden city surrounding them - from being able to defend themselves.

The odus of responsibility in realistic escalation is on those initiating the escalation; as such, the robbers who are initiating these robberies are at fault for them, not the victims of said crimes. Punish the robbers instead of the CCW holders.

Well put.

I posted in a separate thread about trying to address the issue regarding poor portrayal. Instead of simply allowing poor roleplayers to break rules on the server, we need to tackle the source and make character creation a bit of a pain, by making mandatory biographies that have to be approved or denied by admins. I would hate that myself, but sometimes we need to try different solutions to tackle a big problem. I've covered it in this comment:

No. Address the issue on illegal RPers not RPing fear and chain-robbing all day first. 

Civilians get punished almost everytime for PROPERLY AND not only IMPROPERLY using their firearms. The crime rate issue is more of an OOC issue than IC, mainly because of poor portrayal, poor escalation, MG, and PG. Hell we're portraying LA but the way robberies/crimes happen in this server makes me think that we're in Brazil or Philippines where robbers literally just ride up their motos and rob civilians in broad daylight, without fear of getting caught by the police 🤮

• Wuhtah locked this topic