Sending location rule

Current rule: Those that are sending a location, chopping a vehicle or doing a physical action that requires a script command after, are required at all times, to roleplay first before doing the script command. Players should not for an example, send location to a friend, and then do the RP presented. Or for another example, you must show the RP first, before chopping a vehicle. 

This rule requires you to RP sending a location, but when you /sendlocation someone it automatically does an /ame of you typing on your phone. I think that sending a location should therefore be put in the same regard as texting someone due the automatic RP script that already does it for you and thus this rule should be amended in my opinion.

2 hours ago, ScarletRose said:

Why is this a rule suggestion and not a game suggestion? 

If I'm understanding correctly, you want an /ame to automatically pop up when sending a location, the same way it does for text?

The /ame already exists, it pops up when you send a location.

Edited by Gamble
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the issue the rule is trying to fight is that, what if you had been kidnapped and were trying to send a location to your friend to help? The kidnapper has no way to stop you if you just send the command and let then see the /me. I'd say the rule is there to stop powergaming. I'd be amazed if any admin punished someone for using the command in a situation that didn't require clarity on whether the person would be able to do it (simply sat in a car under no threat for example.)

11 minutes ago, Scorch said:

I think the issue the rule is trying to fight is that, what if you had been kidnapped and were trying to send a location to your friend to help? The kidnapper has no way to stop you if you just send the command and let then see the /me. I'd say the rule is there to stop powergaming. I'd be amazed if any admin punished someone for using the command in a situation that didn't require clarity on whether the person would be able to do it (simply sat in a car under no threat for example.)

That’d fall under PG by common sense and fear imo, one could do /sms HELP ME […] too with that logic. Both commands have got the same effect, with an automated /ame showing up. I get where you’re coming from though.

Edited by Gamble
  • 4 weeks later...

The thing with car chopping is... the list is really vague when it comes to listing car models. For example, I recently tried chopping a 'Karin Sultan Classic', but the script didn't accept it because there were two variants - Sultan2 and Sultan2A. It doesn't make sense to RP disassembling a car only to have the script reject it (learnt it the hard way).

For the sendlocation thing, I believe in non-crucial situations (like inviting a friend to your house), RPing after the fact or just letting the /ame do its job is fine. If it's done midway through, let's say a kidnapping or situations that render using of a phone impossible, it should be considered powergaming.