Separate Character Stories to Faction and Independent

As the title suggests, I think we could do good with separating character stories to two different subsections, one for faction RP and one for slice-of-lifers and independent characters. Why? Well, as someone who follows a few independent threads (and has one of my own), I've noticed anything posted by these folks gets more or less immediately pushed to page two by the myriad of faction-related character stories, which usually have a high bump count due to lots of people being involved. This change would allow those independent characters to have their own section where their work isn't washed away if they haven't posted in a day or so. Of course, this runs the issue of how you sort all these threads that have already existed- Maybe some sort of flagging system would work, or just upon request? The change isn't super necessary, but it would certainly be nice.

Edited by ChromaticDeath

I would not necessarily make a difference between "faction characters" and "non-faction characters". Ultimately, whilst those in a faction obviously make most of their story with those factions, chracter stories are the unique story of the individual character at hand, no matter if a cop, firefighter, security guard, gang member or blue collar worker.

Personally, I do not really care how much attention or feedback my character thread receives, it is more about being able to look back into what happened over time and the things the character has experienced with a pinch of nostalgia. I sometimes go back to the LS-RP forums just to check out my old characters and have a chuckle over interesting or crazy things they witnessed.

On 8/7/2021 at 3:03 AM, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I don't think anybody cares really.

Thank you for your valuable input(?)

On 8/7/2021 at 1:43 PM, orca112 said:

I would not necessarily make a difference between "faction characters" and "non-faction characters". Ultimately, whilst those in a faction obviously make most of their story with those factions, chracter stories are the unique story of the individual character at hand, no matter if a cop, firefighter, security guard, gang member or blue collar worker.

Personally, I do not really care how much attention or feedback my character thread receives, it is more about being able to look back into what happened over time and the things the character has experienced with a pinch of nostalgia. I sometimes go back to the LS-RP forums just to check out my old characters and have a chuckle over interesting or crazy things they witnessed.

This is way better written and more understandable. While exposure and having lots of replies isn't really my goal with a character thread, it's certainly nice. I only made the suggestion because the few independents I've seen sort of get pushed to the back pages and forgotten about. Again, not really necessary but it'd be cool for organizing.

Edited by ChromaticDeath
  • 1 month later...
On 8/7/2021 at 7:43 PM, orca112 said:

• 2 months later...

Not really a big fan of the idea of having to put one of those labels on my characters tbh. A character's faction status can change pretty quickly and possibly multiple times while you play them and having to go through staff to get your stuff moved is a hassle both for us and them.