Ability to remove and reattach and steal vehicle license plates

paym4n

Short description: Ability to remove, reattach and steal license plates on vehicles.

Detailed description: A script wich allows for players to remove the license plates on their vehicles, reattach them and steal license plates off of other players' vehicles.

Commands to add: /unattachplate /attachplate [ID] & /steallplate (potentially).

Items to add: License plates as an item.

How would your suggestion improve the server? I believe this would really aid the illegal roleplay going on. Especially when it comes to using vehicles while doing crimes. The ability to remove plates before hitting a drive-by or a lick would be amazing and benefit a lot of players.

And I also believe the ability to steal license plates just to use them on your vehicle to confuse LEOs while performing varies crimes involving your vehicle could be a nice thing to have.

Additional information:

• Upvote 1

I'm against stealing license plates because, let's be honest, it's going to encourage troll RP just like how the chop shop system first got introduced to the server.

I'm all for attaching and detaching plates though. While some car mods may remove vehicle plates, cops can still see it either way (correct me if I'm wrong). We should have the option to hide and show our plates.

3 hours ago, Aquila said:

I'm against stealing license plates because, let's be honest, it's going to encourage troll RP just like how the chop shop system first got introduced to the server.

I'm all for attaching and detaching plates though. While some car mods may remove vehicle plates, cops can still see it either way (correct me if I'm wrong). We should have the option to hide and show our plates.

I think the system as it exists now is relatively fair (what can a civilian currently do when their plate gets stolen, they don't know about it and a different car, same model, same color is used in a crime before they find out and report it?). But I'm not against this, as long as it's more than just a couple of commands and some lackluster roleplay.

If it's possible to make it so the police's ALPR scans an attached plate or comes up blank or returns an error (causing more 'randomized' interactions between civilians and law enforcement as a bonus), sure. And I think you'd want a fake plate option too. Visibility of plates is another thing to think about, as some vehicles already don't show a plate (example: Pounder), causing IC issues in scenes of traffic collisions.

• Wuhtah locked this topic