/attributes pls

Aquila

So some seem to prefer reading detailes they can OOCly work with and others rather want to have a pre-written description they could use ICly, it seems. I'm a fan of exact numbers and names in descriptions, simply because it's shorter, like litereally a link to something that could be found out more about with OOC research. Numbers are objective. Size and weight are not given for you to know ICly to this precision, but because each human has different perception and interpretation of the signals their environment throws at them. Even if we would universally agree that average is the US average, then it would need to have at hand the average for each ethnicity and sex in the US to know whether your character is looking up or down to the one they're talking with. Or to tell an officer that the robber was slightly bigger or smaller than him. Not to mention that the doorframes of gas stations have measures painted on them.

As for bust: How big is big? This estimation can be very individual and to avoid forcing the writer's standards on the readers numbers could be objective, albeit in this case I'd deem it more important to stress the handling of the bust, e. g. if it's hidden, enhanced, supported, presented, etc. This can make an as important portion of the first impression as smell and accent. Perfume could be handled flexibly; if it's just a random flowery scent, that would convey enough information, but if it's something promiment and recognizable the reader gains more from knowing the brand name as they cand decide weather their character would know it or not and then still research how it really smells.

Instead of the weight the BMI or just a vague description of the physique could be given, fair, but I still feel more comfortable with comparing numbers and it's shorter. The character limit doesn't allow for too many actual attributes.
Voice and movement style are fairly under-represented, too, I think. The appearance is not only to describe criminals, it can have drastic impact on the dispostion of one char to another and help to interprete their words; get a whole feel for the situation.

3 hours ago, Brett Love said:

Then all the europeans will need to learn freedom units.

I just think it's funny when people put centimetres in their attributes. As far as I'm aware, height is never consistent in centimetres, because it changes slightly during day and night or something.

Feet and inches is a bit broader, so it makes more sense to use them.