Server increased draw distance

To keep or not to keep  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, arandomgamer said:

This is a 2013 game. I have hardware from 2018. If I'm experiencing FPS loss there's something wrong with what mods the server use.

Drive through a dealership with 40 cars out and you will.

I've never had any issues. Maybe crashed once or twice on very large events but other then that no major noticble FPS drops.

17 hours ago, hellceaser said:

I've never had any issues. Maybe crashed once or twice on very large events but other then that no major noticble FPS drops.

This doesn't tell me anything without knowing what settings, resolution and PC specs you have.

I have compared the non-GTAW and GTAW versions of the game extensively. Performance is far lower here for some reason, that is undeniable.

On 8/9/2021 at 8:09 PM, authentic lifestyle said:

How is it a rumour? Go to East Los Santos, the firestation, you'll see a bunch of FD vehicles outside and look at their texture, start backing up from the vehicle and you will start noticing how the letters on the side of the vehicle start bugging out. They're 4k textured vehicles which look not only fucking ugly, but they also effect the performance of certain peoples computers.

I honestly don't mind sending you screenshots to show you how much FPS i get looking at those same vehicles, and how much I get looking away from those vehicles.

As a FD member and as I've been makign different res textures myself in the past, thare are NOT 4k textures, not even 2k textures. The writing is blurry on the vehicles, which wouldn't happen with 2k+ textures.

On 8/11/2021 at 5:35 PM, arandomgamer said:

This doesn't tell me anything without knowing what settings, resolution and PC specs you have.

I have compared the non-GTAW and GTAW versions of the game extensively. Performance is far lower here for some reason, that is undeniable.

b0Vgur0.png
These are my specs I guess. I play on the highest settings GTA allows me.

I am not usually one to jump on the bandwagon and go on something with very little evidence, but my textures were fine today until I came across a situation where there was a car been pulled over by a SD Stanier, Scout and Landstalker... Whereas being around 5 lifeguard modded vehicles there was zero popin or texture loss.

Running GTA maxed out with NVE

18 hours ago, Matt - said:

I am not usually one to jump on the bandwagon and go on something with very little evidence, but my textures were fine today until I came across a situation where there was a car been pulled over by a SD Stanier, Scout and Landstalker... Whereas being around 5 lifeguard modded vehicles there was zero popin or texture loss.

Well, you're using NVE and that's probably why you face texture loss.         

21 hours ago, Matt - said:

Hey, I posted this a few days ago in GTAW Discord, seems to have fixed all the streaming issues I've encountered for me and others as well.

Don't use NVE's mpspecialraces and patchday18ng.
Just use the update.rpf with the ENB, obviously. Looks exactly the same and you get literally zero issues

1 hour ago, ShadowNG said:

Hey, I posted this a few days ago in GTAW Discord, seems to have fixed all the streaming issues I've encountered for me and others as well.

Don't use NVE's mpspecialraces and patchday18ng.
Just use the update.rpf with the ENB, obviously. Looks exactly the same and you get literally zero issues

I only use the update and enb yet get the issues, I did on vanilla also sometimes