Server increased draw distance

To keep or not to keep  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, arandomgamer said:

The biggest issue with performance is the amount of assets you have to load. I don't think 50m is that big a difference, how many extra cars can that realistically be.

rather I think we should get rid of the modded cars that affect performance ( and this isn't just LEO/FD vehicles, I went to a car sale and my FPS dropped to 30 on an RTX 2060S ). Make cars despawn automatically after 1 hour of not being used.

What's your CPU? I used to run a 1070 and I could play fine with 60+ fps, without issues, on 350.

Edited by Humour
1 hour ago, ingenv said:

I have not seen any texture loss or got bad FPS around LEO vehicles. I think most people in here should take a look at their computer to see what kind of shit you really have. If it's server related then fine, but I have not noticed anything.

It's not necessarily the LEO vehicles, it's all the modded cars in large amounts.

If you're rocking a 3090 and a 5 GHz CPU it probably won't make that much a difference but this is a 2013 game and you shouldn't need 2020 hardware to play it

Edited by arandomgamer
17 minutes ago, arandomgamer said:

It's not necessarily the LEO vehicles, it's all the modded cars in large amounts.

If you're rocking a 3090 and a 5 GHz CPU it probably won't make that much a difference but this is a 2013 game and you shouldn't need 2020 hardware to play it

I understand what you mean but do not forget that you are playing on a modded server, it is not single player in GTA you are playing. If you want a good experience, you upgrade your computer. The server just keeps evolving and Rockstar comes with updates from time to time which can mean that your wooden PC is not able to run as before. I'm not saying that everyone has a wooden PC but it undeniably sounds like that. I have not received FPS drop or texture loss. As I wrote before though, if it's server related then fine. I guess I'm just lucky ah?

Edited by ingenv
9 minutes ago, ingenv said:

I understand what you mean but do not forget that you are playing on a modded server, it is not single player in GTA you are playing. If you want a good experience, you upgrade your computer. The server just keeps evolving and Rockstar comes with updates from time to time which can mean that your wooden PC is not able to run as before. I'm not saying that everyone has a wooden PC but it undeniably sounds like that. I have not received FPS drop or texture loss. As I wrote before though, if it's server related then fine. I guess I'm just lucky ah?

While it can be partially hardware related, it's not that in my case. I've got an i9 9900k, 3070, 32gb RAM. Completely vanilla game and still regularly coming across texture loss.

11 minutes ago, Farrell said:

While it can be partially hardware related, it's not that in my case. I've got an i9 9900k, 3070, 32gb RAM. Completely vanilla game and still regularly coming across texture loss.

Yeah alright. If that's the case I'm certain it has to do with the latest update, per Nervous words.

I'll quote Nervous to bump what he said.

On 8/9/2021 at 1:24 PM, Nervous said:

The new update did bring issues (you noticed the many crashes that happened the first days) until I managed to balance a good gameconfig, but even with a great gameconfig file as we have today, it doesn't "fix" all the issues, it just improves it and instead of crashing you're having texture losses.

Edited by ingenv
29 minutes ago, ingenv said:

This is a 2013 game. I have hardware from 2018. If I'm experiencing FPS loss there's something wrong with what mods the server use.

I have not received FPS drop or texture loss

Drive through a dealership with 40 cars out and you will.

Edited by arandomgamer
15 hours ago, Nervous said:

There is no 4k textured vehicles, I'll tag @Oggy who can explain you better

Hi I'm Oggy!

As already mentioned plenty of times, all 4K textures were removed earlier this year already. Now, I know a lot of you are saying: Hey it's the cop cars, hey it's the mods, hey it's this, hey it's this. You know? It probably is everything combined, however, it is not the sole reason.

The thing is, we offer players a lot more choice. More different mods means the game will have different assets loaded at times. Chances are, there are more assets loaded. So due to the mods we have ingame, the chance for different entities being loaded (Cars, clothing, etc) is higher, yes, but we can easily get the same issues on a vanilla game.