Server increased draw distance

To keep or not to keep  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

County is mint with 350, but the second I go into the city everything goes to shit. Go down to 400, and if that doesnt work, 275 minimum. Although, I doubt it's a streamer issue and more likely a RageMP issue. Because as we all know, when the 350 distance was introduced for a short period last week, there were absolutely zero issues reported regarding texture loss, if anything, the 350 limit made everything smoother and better FPS for everyone, but now all of a sudden it's ruining the game, so I think it's more or less just RageMP ruining everyones fun as usual.

Edited by PeopleKind

I got a normal rig (I5 2400, 8gb of ram and a GTX 1050ti) and no mods at all. I didnt notice any preformance drops, what i did notice is that lights are flickering sometimes on some buildings.

As it can be noticed on the building in front of me:

Spoiler

xa8y8uH.png

Spoiler

a89ga8X.png

Other buildings and houses do it too sometimes, even when i went trough Chamberlain Hills all the lights on a Apartment complex were flickering and moving around. I'd say reduce it to 300 and then go even lower if the problems still presists, till we hit the sweet spot.

6:34 Edit - Started to experience texture losses. 

Edited by MrCastro45

The high draw distance is nice but if we want to keep it I think we have to make sacrifices and tweaks elsewhere.  Mainly:  non-vanilla vehicles.  I don't think we can get away with just plopping these into the server anymore without optimising them.  I don't really know anything about the non-vanilla cars, but I would guess they have larger than vanilla filesizes (probably due to higher res textures and so on).  Do we have the capability to optimise these ourselves and perhaps bring them down to vanilla level in terms of how much memory/processing power they need?  Otherwise, things will be fine until people come close to a busy scene with lots of modded vehicles and suddenly the road disappears.

Second, people will have to live without graphics mods or accept that sometimes textures will vanish if they do use them.