Server increased draw distance

To keep or not to keep  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe I'm just plain lucky, but I have not been experiencing any of these crashes or any issues whatsoever. I'm using pretty much every mod on Baboon's Workshop including NVR + ENB, and my game is all the same for the past 3 weeks. No crashes around legion/MR. No major issues with glitched textures or invisible ground at all. Game is running perfectly fine. I'm cool with the 350 draw distance.

I may be wrong, just a theory. But I highly doubt the draw distance is the reason for these glitches and bugs people are experiencing. It's just inconsistent. People like me and many others are reporting zero issues with the draw distance despite us having beefy PCs and using graphics/texture mods. Some vanilla people have no issues. But some people weirdly, their game glitches out for no reason. Are we sure these bugs are related to the draw distance and not a product of the GTA Online update or any modded cars?

Edited by ScarletRose
35 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

Maybe I'm just plain lucky, but I have not been experiencing any of these crashes or any issues whatsoever. I'm using pretty much every mod on Baboon's Workshop including NVR + ENB, and my game is all the same for the past 3 weeks. No crashes around legion/MR. No major issues with glitched textures or invisible ground at all. Game is running perfectly fine. I'm cool with the 350 draw distance.

I may be wrong, just a theory. But I highly doubt the draw distance is the reason for these glitches and bugs people are experiencing. It's just inconsistent. People like me and many others are reporting zero issues with the draw distance despite us having beefy PCs and using graphics/texture mods. Some vanilla people have no issues. But some people weirdly, their game glitches out for no reason. Are we sure these bugs are related to the draw distance and not a product of the GTA Online update or any modded cars?

People with RTX3090 reporting issues while I am with 1080Ti do not. So yes, I agree there's more than just draw distance..

I’d say keep it as it is at 350 or at most go down to 300/325, but I would argue in support of decreasing the amount of time it takes for vehicles to despawn if not in use; same goes also for despawning faction vehicles not in use in order to further help combat performance loss.

Player numbers in areas certainly don’t help, but I’d say reducing the number of parked vehicles certainly does help. Not like they’d be gone either considering people can /vspawn them back in.