Server increased draw distance

To keep or not to keep  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would it be possible to make it so people can choose between 250, 300 and 350? Or would this bring problems, like, X seeing Y at 350 meters, but Y has his settings lowered to 250, the refore setting Y at a disadvantage? 

Edited by Santanaa
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Santanaa said:

Would it be possible to make it so people can choose between 250, 300 and 350? Or would this bring problems, like, X seeing Y at 350 meters, but Y has his settings lowered to 250, the refore setting Y at a disadvantage? 

No.

Please lower it to 250 or whatever it was prior, I have an excellent computer, 3070, 64gb of ddr4, nvme, and I'm getting flickering, invisible characters and many other bugs now, yesterday and prior to this extending of the streamer, I had 0 issues and was having an amazing time on the server. Please please please lower this back down. 

Fr55puK.png 

Edited by LoLo.Jpg
  • Upvote 2

I'm seeing way more issues with textures loading since the change, and I have a hard time buying the suggestion that it's somehow on my end. I'm not dropping frames, I'm not seeing an increase in CPU/GPU/RAM activity. Nothing. The game just decides I have no ground for three blocks.

What I have noticed, however, is that the reintroduction of non-vanilla SD/PD cars has made the area surrounding MRPD completely unbearable again. So... I dunno. Maybe PD can live without their 400,000 poly mod cars? Just a thought.

• Upvote 5

Getting a lot of texture loss right now with 350. I have a really good PC as well so this shouldn't be an issue but sadly it is.

I'd say lower to 300 - test it - if still doesnt work 250.

ht97hfT.png

Edited by Connor

I have no issues at all but I only tested throughout the county, not city.

I voted 350m.

However, I am saying that you could try 300m for tomorrow's testing and see how it goes. I do not suggest lower than 300m.

Apparently, most issues come from those who use texture-related mods (NVE mostly afaik).

Edited by thekillergreece
  • Upvote 1

I voted to keep it because I was doing fine all day long, and I'd driven around quite a bit. But then I drove past a scene in Davis where there were a lot of ambulances and police cars and immediately everything started glitching. 

4zbp9jT.jpg

107BUOX.jpg
ZvGWVuF.jpg

For reference, I'm using NVE and no other mods. Once we were out of this bit, stuff started going fine again.