Illegal RP and excessive violence

Copa Cabana

RP'ing emotions and feelings into your character will get you called out for being: "Weird, fake, annoying".
Taking my time to rp gets me called: "Boring".
My char responds to violence w/ violence, the same type of violence she's being faced with.
My char doesn't go around provoking fights, she tries staying out of them unless necessary.
The problem with this community is that we want things and we want them fast; we prioritize the time spent on RP'ing, than the actual RP itself.

Is there a fix to the violence? Not really, no. Unless, IC means are used by employing more LEO chars. Or, some easier bans handed to people that RP only violent chars just to satisfy their DM and adrenaline needs.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, bbyK said:

RP'ing emotions and feelings into your character will get you called out for being: "Weird, fake, annoying".
Taking my time to rp gets me called: "Boring".
My char responds to violence w/ violence, the same type of violence she's being faced with.
My char doesn't go around provoking fights, she tries staying out of them unless necessary.
The problem with this community is that we want things and we want them fast; we prioritize the time spent on RP'ing, than the actual RP itself.

Is there a fix to the violence? Not really, no. Unless, IC means are used by employing more LEO chars. Or, some easier bans handed to people that RP only violent chars just to satisfy their DM and adrenaline needs.

Well said.

• Upvote 1
On 8/29/2021 at 4:55 PM, ZaE said:

Nobody ever roleplays the affects of killing a man and it has always pissed me off, most illegal roleplayers will look down upon you for roleplaying a realistic reaction to killing 5 people in one day or having to get rid of a fucked up nigga's body. 

I've seen a lot of factions roleplay emotion just not the emotion of killing somebody, and some of the violence that occurs between two rival gangs can be built up beef and anger that they let out, which is realistic.

Nobody likes to take "L's" and mj2002 is entirely right here. People only show things on their thread that make them look cool, some people forge screenshots to look cool, nobody wants to show their character being vunerable and I can somewhat understand that, some people don't rp the aspects of emotion of trauma that killing, robbing, etc can have on someone because their faction members and friends might call it "cringe" or "corny" because it isn't the norm.

FM is cracking down on shit right now, groups are locked and can't  be made as of right now and they are not hesitating to close down groups or deny groups that wanna turn into factions if the roleplay is poor.

Most of them get into beef or die out because of inactivity LMFAO.

People don't want to CK because they will LosE thEiR asSETs or LoSe TheRe dEv. 

Not much we can really do on that part besides pray it gets fixed one day and admins force-ck certain people for doing stupid shit. Most police kills that happen end up being CKs, unless its a big shoot out then everyone just /acceptdeath, give the police no roleplay and keep going.

"Can have on someone because their faction members and friends might call it "cringe" or "corny" because it isn't the norm. "

My guy, I would bury you in reactions.
gg&wp

On 8/30/2021 at 5:19 PM, AlphaBatal said:

the pursuit of realism is never pointless; its only pointless on gta:w.

i've been roleplaying on iterations of gta for over a decade, never ever have i seen such an adversity to realistic roleplay as i've seen on gta:w. never have i seen such a toxic community so stuck up on never making the change, never banding together and just looking for problems and non-existent issues just to halt change. never have i seen a community so reluctant to change, in fact, and i've been part of plenty.

its a videogame, you wanna have fun. go play it the way its meant to be played, go on gta:o or singleplayer and enjoy the experience rockstar has tailored to long-standing fans of the series. but you won't, and you don't.

its a subculture, you have to understand. the "this is a videogame so i must have fun!!" excuse is just as trashy as demanding absolute realism. it's roleplay, why are you even here if you're not interested in roleplaying or writing engaging characters? and on the topic of characters, if you're roleplaying a gangbanger, a gangster, a cop or something else outside of your scope, shouldn't you do some research first?

you're telling me that people don't want to roleplay civilians because they're civilians irl. and in the same breath you tell me that people should have no blocks on their roleplay for the sake of realism, while it's proven time and time again that in the absence of rules, the illustrious gta player can and will game the system for his own, or his group's benefit.

you have characters with 0 development behind them going after assets, and that's okay because people wanna dm, people wanna watch a number rise in the top right or in their property inventory or people want to scratch their gambling/power-trip itches, and that's what they find fun, so evidently my experience, the experience of everybody and everyone intent on good writing and character development should eat shit when i mesh with the "fun-loving" crowd that love turning a heavy-roleplay server into a medium roleplay rpg scriptfest at best. get a grip, my dude.

don't let people play what they want, let them play what's proper and what makes sense. if you let people play what they want, they'll play terrorists, mass murderers and covid superspreaders for attention and shiggles, you really put too much faith in the general population partaking in the hobby and a mindset like this is what turns a 700 peak-time population server into a wasteland. i get it, i feel the urge for moral grandstanding too, but on gta:w, where the administration cannot be proactive, cannot track everything you do and reports largely find no resolution for days, weeks, sometimes months, you have to understand how "freedom" doesn't apply when the lackluster enforcement of server rules lets a subset of the population do whatever the fuck they want.

im not knocking on administration here, mind you. a heavy-handed approach to the server's rules would alienate a bunch of people and probably make people leave in droves. that's why threads like these are made, threads like these reach pages and threads like these don't get a green or orange name responding until they turn into a flamewar, enabling administrators to lock them.

you want freedom, i want order. you want to be able to do whatever you want, i want whatever you want not to be disruptive and a self-centric, script-driven concept that is poorly researched and pushes the boundaries of human morality, human psyche and state law.

and im sure admins will let you do whatever you want if it follows those criteria too. but if whatever you want is an ego boost, there's always gta online. and the people creating that experience are being paid to tailor it in the exact way you're statistically likely to enjoy it.

You claimed that I am the one who is "feeling the urge for moral grandstanding" when you completely skipped over the parts where I mentioned that people should be allowed to roleplay what they want as long as they are not harming other players. If someone roleplays a mass murderer and starts killing people, they are actually harming someone. 

If you were here when the server first begun, staff members actually engaged with people and wouldn't jump straight to banning them when they had a clean record or ajailing them when they hadn't harmed anyone. People forget that GTAW is as much a business as it is a server, and it needs to make money in order to survive otherwise it will simply go under. So give me a reason that someone should spend 10-30 euros of their own hard-earned money per month to simply get punished for the slightest mistake they make, even while having clean admin records, which has happened multiple times.  And I am talking about grey-area type of cases, where the person hasn't taken a gun to kill 3 random players or start punching other people indiscriminately.

The player who wants to roleplay a 1990s-from-Compton gangbanger could be the player that will shell out the 30 euros per month to keep the server alive, and you won't realize how valuable everyone's money is until you notice that too little is coming in compared to the past. LS-RP shut down due to lack of interest (for multiple reasons) and funding.

I am not against players being punished for blatantly breaking the rules, such as shooting people down for no reason or running them over. I am against players getting punished for vague grey-area type "rulebreaks", especially when they have relatively (or completely) clean records.

The majority of the players want order and that's why they're playing on a heavy-roleplay server, and a very small minority cause overt chaos and get banned swiftly. So who are we talking about? About the casual roleplayers that don't have much time on their hands and simply want to relax after a day at work or school. That's who we're talking about now. 

Everything seems fine because the server has no real competitor on RageMP, therefore pretty much every player who wants to play on an English, text-based server has no other choice but to sign up here. In conclusion, all I am saying is do not alienate or turn up your noses at the casual roleplayer that wants to play the 90s gangbanger or the stereotypical gabagool mobster, because they're just trying to have fun like you and they may not have the time to spend countless hours researching and "developing" a full-fledged character, because they actually have a life.

Edited by BadaBing23
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 3
19 hours ago, BadaBing23 said:

You claimed that I am the one who is "feeling the urge for moral grandstanding" when you completely skipped over the parts where I mentioned that people should be allowed to roleplay what they want as long as they are not harming other players. If someone roleplays a mass murderer and starts killing people, they are actually harming someone. 

If you were here when the server first begun, staff members actually engaged with people and wouldn't jump straight to banning them when they had a clean record or ajailing them when they hadn't harmed anyone. People forget that GTAW is as much a business as it is a server, and it needs to make money in order to survive otherwise it will simply go under. So give me a reason that someone should spend 10-30 euros of their own hard-earned money per month to simply get punished for the slightest mistake they make, even while having clean admin records, which has happened multiple times.  And I am talking about grey-area type of cases, where the person hasn't taken a gun to kill 3 random players or start punching other people indiscriminately.

The player who wants to roleplay a 1990s-from-Compton gangbanger could be the player that will shell out the 30 euros per month to keep the server alive, and you won't realize how valuable everyone's money is until you notice that too little is coming in compared to the past. LS-RP shut down due to lack of interest (for multiple reasons) and funding.

I am not against players being punished for blatantly breaking the rules, such as shooting people down for no reason or running them over. I am against players getting punished for vague grey-area type "rulebreaks", especially when they have relatively (or completely) clean records.

The majority of the players want order and that's why they're playing on a heavy-roleplay server, and a very small minority cause overt chaos and get banned swiftly. So who are we talking about? About the casual roleplayers that don't have much time on their hands and simply want to relax after a day at work or school. That's who we're talking about now. 

Everything seems fine because the server has no real competitor on RageMP, therefore pretty much every player who wants to play on an English, text-based server has no other choice but to sign up here. In conclusion, all I am saying is do not alienate or turn up your noses at the casual roleplayer that wants to play the 90s gangbanger or the stereotypical gabagool mobster, because they're just trying to have fun like you and they may not have the time to spend countless hours researching and "developing" a full-fledged character, because they actually have a life.

Well said, you actually opened my mind on some notes I didn't take into consideration up until now.

Ran into some poorly portrayed gang with maxed out torrences and were also armed to the teeth at a tea shop (?).

I really enjoy some aspects of having a tweaker / street character but man it’s hard to get immersed when your char gets executed in the middle of nowhere for $40 (yes actually $40 script wise).

Edited by kirbyz
  • Thanks 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic