Illegal RP and excessive violence

Copa Cabana

As someone that actually been around people like that I'm telling you right now the gang life is way too glorified in GtaW by some hyped up kids that be watching VICE or literal movies and they think that LA hoods are the actually as overexaggerated as shown in media but in reality it really ain't people keep trying to compare US hoods to the middle east, or some Latin American places. In reality the gang bangers yo usually see claiming they on violence are actually ones that stand around by the 24/7 getting drunk or high, or just slanging up dope not bursting spinners every 24/7 like it's a warzone that can be compared to a battlefield in a war torn country. I know there are some crazy younger generation out here that will do anything to show they are tough like shooting someone over a little argument it happens way too many times in GtaW for it to be properly realistic in my opinion gang banging in GtaW is usually some kids thinking that the glorified lifestyle in social media, or any form of media is the ACTUAL reality of hoods yes there are shootings, and innocents dying over loads of bullshit in the real life hoods, but not as much as in GtaW it's actually unreal how gang banger rpers be harassing people from their own neighbourhood with no particular reason. (Never shit on the place you stay.) The street gangs in GtaW are usually a glorified group rather than a realistic portrayal. In my opinion the gang banger rpers are usually spoon fed people in real life that think the reality of gang life is shooting people 24/7 and innocents but there have been cases of civilians being killed as misidentified rivals in real life they do everything based off what they see on media rather than real life however we can't just expect people to have experience in real life since it's ridiculous after all we just need people more aware of how it is living in the inner city rather than how it is in an inner city in a movie or something.

Also annoying how people think that everyone living in a slum or the projects are all gangsters or drug addicts when in reality most are actually hardworking people trying to get on with life. It's just media making that small minority look like the majority on the news trying their best to slander people living in low income neighbourhoods. Ironically enough the rappers that say they killers? Guess what all paid by entertainment or contracted to promote this lifestyle the rappers you see are actually just entertainers a lot lived the pampered life but they are specifically paid by media to promote a lifestyle to naive people. (NOT SAYING ALL)

Edited by AfroGxaiden
4 minutes ago, AfroGxaiden said:

Also annoying how people think that everyone living in a slum or the projects are all gangsters or drug addicts when in reality most are actually hardworking people trying to get on with life. It's just media making that small minority look like the majority on the news trying their best to slander people living in low income neighbourhoods.

Given your recent post about how ERP should lead to forced pregnancy and babies - I'm going to assume you're taking the piss but I'll bite anyway.

It's a video game - I'm all for realistic roleplay, and I'd happily force a lot of dumb characters off the server if I could, but I wouldn't expect people who come to this game for a release from their own lives to come and do what they likely do in real life.   I don't think anyone in the world could get real enjoyment coming home from their 9-5 to their cheap rented apartment to hop on gta and play a character with a different name who just got home from their 9-5 to their cheap rented apartment to hang out with other people doing the same thing.   If this server wanted absolute realism - and only a certain percentage of characters could  be bangers, bikers, mobsters or whatever - this server would be an absolute fucking snoozefest.

Part of the reason why some people may think that there is an excessive amount of violence coming from Criminals on the server is because Criminals are more often put in situations where they have to shoot someone due to lack of fear rp. In regards to the County Jail the facts of the matter are that if you cause an issue with your respective car, like many people do, then you are liable to get your ass kicked. Many people who have not done much research on this matter tend to get mad after the fact and insult your escalation, but there are some groups of people will certain things will lead to immediate escalation. I cannot tell you the amount of times somebody has touched down in TTCF, and sat at the wrong table, refused to listen to people, insult people, and then act surprised when they get car removed. Im willing to bet some of this transfers over. There are certain criminals out there that if you insult in a specific way, by calling them a bitch or gay or something along those lines, they are essentially forced by the culture that they are in to do something about that. To summarize, part of the reason why there may be a lot of violence on the server is because people give people a reason to be violent more often. 

2 minutes ago, Phased said:

Given your recent post about how ERP should lead to forced pregnancy and babies - I'm going to assume you're taking the piss but I'll bite anyway.

It's a video game - I'm all for realistic roleplay, and I'd happily force a lot of dumb characters off the server if I could, but I wouldn't expect people who come to this game for a release from their own lives to come and do what they likely do in real life.   I don't think anyone in the world could get real enjoyment coming home from their 9-5 to their cheap rented apartment to hop on gta and play a character with a different name who just got home from their 9-5 to their cheap rented apartment to hang out with other people doing the same thing.   If this server wanted absolute realism - and only a certain percentage of characters could  be bangers, bikers, mobsters or whatever - this server would be an absolute fucking snoozefest.

I'm partly being unserious and partly being serious there's actually truth in what I'm saying but yeah I understand it wouldn't be too fun to be ultra realistic if someone wants that experience and is stupid enough they can of course join a gang in real life and experience it from there.

2 minutes ago, Ted said:

Part of the reason why some people may think that there is an excessive amount of violence coming from Criminals on the server is because Criminals are more often put in situations where they have to shoot someone due to lack of fear rp. In regards to the County Jail the facts of the matter are that if you cause an issue with your respective car, like many people do, then you are liable to get your ass kicked. Many people who have not done much research on this matter tend to get mad after the fact and insult your escalation, but there are some groups of people will certain things will lead to immediate escalation. I cannot tell you the amount of times somebody has touched down in TTCF, and sat at the wrong table, refused to listen to people, insult people, and then act surprised when they get car removed. Im willing to bet some of this transfers over. There are certain criminals out there that if you insult in a specific way, by calling them a bitch or gay or something along those lines, they are essentially forced by the culture that they are in to do something about that. To summarize, part of the reason why there may be a lot of violence on the server is because people give people a reason to be violent more often. 

Exactly gangs in real life don't necesarilly put their hands on you unless they are provoked or suspicious of something about you.

Just now, CertifiedKiller said:

Everyone needs to take into account a sense of humanity when portraying a character - only escalate things as people would in real life, don't escalate things with someone who's twice your size ICly coz more than likely you'd get your arse kicked.

Like them 15 year old hood rpers that do nothing but start fights with big men twice their size.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic