Lower the playing hours for trucking

Dama

Is there any way to read total game hours? So maybe, if youve played world 20 hours total on all characters, you would be able to do trucking, i have an IC that's built to be a trucker in his mid 60s and have already made a backstory before creating the IC,i believe if youve played 20 hours total in the server should suffice to not get new players causing shitshows

42 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

There is a very good reason this restricting is in place, and that is to prevent brand new players from going straight to the grind from the moment they create their first character. This is a roleplay server and not a money grinding server, and new players should not head straight to trucking in their first twenty hours. If it concerns an existing account, then perhaps its a different story. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't garbage truck job available from the very beginning? And doesn't it pay a lot more than a beginner trucker? That's kinda contradictive. You can't do trucking until 20 hours in because you don't want newbies to immediately start grinding right away, but you allow people to walk up to the garbage truck job and immediately start grinding there?

8 hours ago, Lomadias said:

This, encourage development.

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

There is a very good reason this restricting is in place, and that is to prevent brand new players from going straight to the grind from the moment they create their first character. This is a roleplay server and not a money grinding server, and new players should not head straight to trucking in their first twenty hours. If it concerns an existing account, then perhaps its a different story. 

This. New players should be introduced to the realm of roleplay with their fresh characters and not go straight to hunting or grinding just to earn monetary benefits, we give out first forty hours of cash for a reason. They should be able to enjoy roleplay and not work a job for pure cash instead focus on character development and having fun, I honestly believe that the money would simply come by itself if you simply do what you love and continue to strive for roleplay.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, mj2002 said:

1 hour ago, Ryu said:

This. New players should be introduced to the realm of roleplay with their fresh characters and not go straight to hunting or grinding just to earn monetary benefits, we give out first forty hours of cash for a reason. They should be able to enjoy roleplay and not work a job for pure cash instead focus on character development and having fun, I honestly believe that the money would simply come by itself if you simply do what you love and continue to strive for roleplay.

So why isn’t anything else restricted with this logic? This makes no sense. New players shouldn’t be allowed to fish until 20 hours. Why are players allowed to farm before 20 hours? Why is garbage truck allowed before 20 hours? Why is taxi driver allowed before 20 hours? All this is allowed but just trucking isn’t? It’s all script grinding but nothing is restricted except trucking. Makes no sense. 

@effion At the very least, it should change it to be 20 hours per UCP account not character for all these things. I have hundreds of hours across characters. I shouldn’t be restricted in the same manner as a brand new player if that’s what the intention is for. 

Edited by HeyMambo
  • Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, HeyMambo said:

So why isn’t anything else restricted with this logic? This makes no sense. New players shouldn’t be allowed to fish until 20 hours. Why are players allowed to farm before 20 hours? Why is garbage truck allowed before 20 hours? Why is taxi driver allowed before 20 hours? All this is allowed but just trucking isn’t? It’s all script grinding but nothing is restricted except trucking. Makes no sense. 

@effion At the very least, it should change it to be 20 hours per UCP account not character for all these things. I have hundreds of hours across characters. I shouldn’t be restricted in the same manner as a brand new player if that’s what the intention is for. 

That's a compromise I'm willing to support. Per UCP sounds good to me at least for trucking.

• Applaud 1
46 minutes ago, HeyMambo said:

I'm good for this if it's for people who has been on the server, so 20 hours per UCP account. I'm in support of that for trucking.

Edited by Ryu
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, effion said:

That's a compromise I'm willing to support. Per UCP sounds good to me at least for trucking.

That would be awesome. Can we make this happen? @Nervous please. We all agree on this lol. Change it to 20 hours per UCP instead of 20 hours per character. 

Edited by HeyMambo
9 hours ago, HeyMambo said:

That would be awesome. Can we make this happen? @Nervous please. We all agree on this lol. Change it to 20 hours per UCP instead of 20 hours per character. 

I agree on that one.  When I first joined the server without any knowledge of GTA world it did take me a while to understand what it was all about.  This seems like a good solution, because having to wait an additional 20 hours on any other characters is just a waste of time.

10 hours ago, HeyMambo said:

Yes. This is a great suggestion. Make it 20 hours per UCP account. 

If the purpose of the 20 hour restriction is to prevent newbies from immediately script job grinding, seasoned players who have already RP'ed hundreds/thousands of hours on one character shouldn't have to be restricted if they make a new one.