Lower the playing hours for trucking

Dama

Short description: Lower the playing hours for trucking.

Detailed description: Currently those who have 20 hours and above can start trucking only but newbies who have less can't do it. I find it unrealistic because newbies can acquire PF, CCW, and Guard Card at 10 hours only. I believe that there should be no restriction or required hours for the players to do trucking.

Commands to add: ?

Items to add: Everyone can do trucking without having 20 hours and above.

How would your suggestion improve the server? More employees to enroll in the trucking companies. Realistic.

Additional information: 

2 hours ago, HeyMambo said:

Instead of adding time gates, actively enforce and punish people for being stupid while trucking. 20 hours is a lot, especially for someone who doesn’t play several hours a day. Why punish people with less than 20 hours who actually want to do trucking because of people who are stupid? 

Bet if we placed a 20 hour rule on committing crime people would be outraged. Can’t trust new players with trucking but we can with crime?

Based. 

Edited by Dama

Wait... A civvie has to wait twenty hours to begin trucking, but anyone can do crime right from the get go?

What happened to the whole "time gates are unfun and unrealistic" argument that was constantly flaunted any time it was argued as a measure against one of the most abused activities on the server?

The time gate has got to go, or it needs to be applied equally.

Well this was implemented because trucking posed a big problem on the server with unrealistic driving and roleplay. Back in the day, there was a lot of people who'd just jump into trucking and driving down into the Terminal on the wrong side of the road because it was faster, jumping over the barriers and so on. That's also why those concrete barriers were mapped in there as well.

Ever since the 20 hour restriction was implemented, that has been significantly reduced. Sure, there's still issues with some players that do trucking but trust me it's nowhere near as bad as it was before.

I think the restriction can remain.

Edited by Scorgasmic

Instead of adding time gates, actively enforce and punish people for being stupid while trucking. 20 hours is a lot, especially for someone who doesn’t play several hours a day. Why punish people with less than 20 hours who actually want to do trucking because of people who are stupid? 

Bet if we placed a 20 hour rule on committing crime people would be outraged. Can’t trust new players with trucking but we can with crime?

Based. 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, HeyMambo said:

Based. 

+1

18 minutes ago, HeyMambo said:

It was proposed, and you're correct, we had a number of people insist that implementing a time gate to limit bad roleplay was "ridiculous" and "never going to be necessary".

At the time, I didn't know of the wild hypocrisy behind those statements. It makes the recollection of those talks all the more bitter.

7 hours ago, Dama said:

I believe that there should be no restriction or required hours for the players to do trucking.

There is a very good reason this restricting is in place, and that is to prevent brand new players from going straight to the grind from the moment they create their first character. This is a roleplay server and not a money grinding server, and new players should not head straight to trucking in their first twenty hours. If it concerns an existing account, then perhaps its a different story.