Difference between LSRP & GTAW.

Empire

On 8/1/2021 at 9:56 PM, Vash Baldeus said:

Not that the Dating site is, only reason they made it is to try and get more people to spend their GTAW Points. Anyway you look at it, hosting is expensive, server has to earn somehow. Yes, it's not favorable towards people who do not pay. But lets not forget you can play for free here, only prerequisite is owning a legitimate copy of GTA V and that's not the servers' requirement either, it's the game mode.

The way GTAW hosting is done is not like your typical Minecraft server where you go to a random host company get a host with UCP and that's it. GTAW has literate servers they(Nervous) manage on their own with their own systems and things in place. Those type of hostings are not cheap, not to mention the Anti DDoS solutions.

Nervous has 16+ servers running since the last DDoS attacks, which acts purely for mitigation. So yeah, thats gotta indeed pay back somehow.

There's a whole lot less polarization between members when it comes to what they role-play and it's not 'legal' and 'illegal'. The civilian role-play scene is pretty decent if you look past the walking RPQM cases; I personally spent like 9 months when I came over just running a business because factions weren't worth it, be it both legal and illegal at the time.

The other thing is that the server happens to be successful because it doesn't alienate anyone unless they really don't belong on the server. Toxicity exists, people attack each other, people clown each other, there's a lot of back and forth, but there's no clear divide from management on what's a standard and what isn't. The standard is usually driven by the masses. This is cool because it keeps us around 1K players online at a time. I mean, it's went so far that there's people sitting online and doing podcasts about role-play and the community. Nervous is a genius: the fact that there's no clear, definitive bottom line and there's a bit of everything keeps the server thriving, even if people stick around just to fight with each other.

1 hour ago, CertifiedKiller said:

This is alot of people's first ever roleplay server and you can really tell.

I think it's also a generational thing. While some of us were roleplaying on SAMP literally ~10 years ago, a lot of other players may have been playing on their parents' smartphones. I also do believe that, given the information I received when I returned here, a lot of people haven't played GTA:V before and got the game free thanks to Epic Games — it is very likely, with these two points, that a lot of people may be completely new to GTA roleplay.

Pretty certain the demographics have shifted quite a bit, would be interesting to carry out a survey again and see how different it is now.

1 hour ago, Aquila said:

I think it's also a generational thing. While some of us were roleplaying on SAMP literally ~10 years ago, a lot of other players may have been playing on their parents' smartphones. I also do believe that, given the information I received when I returned here, a lot of people haven't played GTA:V before and got the game free thanks to Epic Games — it is very likely, with these two points, that a lot of people may be completely new to GTA roleplay.

Pretty certain the demographics have shifted quite a bit, would be interesting to carry out a survey again and see how different it is now.

I find the generational shift interesting, especially with regards to how many old school players (such as us) have returned or kept playing JUST for GTA World. Anecdotally, I've even heard of some people from Habbo Hotel's MafiaRPG coming back after 10 - 15 years of seemingly no contact, just to play GTA World. MafiaRPG's ex-players being a force for La Cosa Nostra RP on LSRP many years ago, that is. It's kind of crazy to see so many old faces suddenly appear after all this time has passed.

On 8/1/2021 at 9:38 AM, Apa said:

Illegal scene was ten times better on LSRP but the GTAW features are much more impressive. 

They both have their ups and downs but GTAW has definitely taken all the steps in the right direction to make sure things are moving forward instead of backwards, while LSRP was essentially frozen in time and depended on nostalgia to maintain its player base for so long after a while. If you've been embedded in the community of GTAW at all, you'll clearly see that there's people in almost every sector (civillian,illegal,legal, etc) making steps to ensure that everyone enjoys themselves. I don't think I've ever played on a community of this size where the administration and even the people at the top (Nervous/Pillsbury) are so involved so I'm grateful for that too. Even the toxic weirdos that don't catch direct sunlight for weeks still have an underlying interest for the betterment of RP and the server, so that's good too.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, 13 Ways said:

I find the generational shift interesting, especially with regards to how many old school players (such as us) have returned or kept playing JUST for GTA World. Anecdotally, I've even heard of some people from Habbo Hotel's MafiaRPG coming back after 10 - 15 years of seemingly no contact, just to play GTA World. MafiaRPG's ex-players being a force for La Cosa Nostra RP on LSRP many years ago, that is. It's kind of crazy to see so many old faces suddenly appear after all this time has passed.

I always thought it was kind of fascinating that a lot of the Habbo mafia roleplayers originally came from LSRP. Wouldn't have thought they'd be playing on a GTA:V RP server though.

I can't remember when I stopped roleplaying initially, but I left SAMP a while ago because obviously it gets stale after a while, plus it's ancient. I joined here in 2017 and to be honest, I didn't take anything seriously because I didn't think I'd be roleplaying again, and the environment was too funny to not mess around.

• Upvote 1

LSRP in 2010, been into LSPD and was a Higher Up in Locotes, for those who remember. Been on both sides, I see how it works and the major differences. I just recently started but theres alot more diversity in GTAW - honestly in Lsrp you either were a cop or a criminal. In GTW that doesnt happen, its way more inclined to the legal side of RP, yet, with the criminal groups I have interacted with its a mix. You either get an extremely realistic side of being a criminal and not wanting to be caught, or you get jumped by 6 gang members because you said their car has a little dust in it.

Then theres the difference between eras, GTA 5 mechanics and graphics are leaguea above San Andreas, that alone makes it more appealing.

Edited by Kadyus