Difference between LSRP & GTAW.

Empire

14 hours ago, Bloodseeker said:

I honestly didn't intend to leave the server, especially after having spent so much time in there, until otter came up with the brilliant idea to dissolve the city government. It was the nail in the coffin for me. I loved that faction and invested so much of my time into it, and seeing it get taken away because a developer said so, really broke my heart and made me lose my patience, my sympathy and loyalty to the server. 

It was very, very good, and very satisfying to invest my time into, while it lasted. But in its later years, the server was a mere shadow of its former glory. And now, it is apparently dead with 30~ players. I'm not sorry at all. A well deserved turn of events. It seems they finally ran out of players to mistreat, ban or threaten with banning. To all our fortune, the successor is even better than the predecessor. 

_________________________Nervous appreciation line begins here_________________________

The Government...ahahahaha.

That was Surreal's brilliant idea to reform the LSGOV after the REAL LAGOV. So many bureaus, so much useless stuff. Changed direction at least 10 times.

Everyone got removed, new people in LSGOV called the old LSGOV members incompetent and clueless. But their faction crashed 3-4 months into launch, and only 1 bureau, which was Licensing as far as I know, that actually worked somewhat. That was comedical to see. Out of..I don't know, 10 promised bureaus, only 1 functioning, and barely. LSRP top brass decision making.

What's funny is, old LSGOV didn't need a reform, the 5-6 bureaus that were there were working, for once LSGOV had a good number of members.

And yea LSRP is pretty much dead, barely 50 players now. That's what happens when you allow a clueless scripter take over an entire project, oh well, RIP LSRP. They are also coming to GTAV but I don't think it'll go over well. Everyone who wanted to play GTAV from LSRP is already in GTAW...

Edited by nelsondx
  • Applaud 1

Staff Team here on GTA:W are more approachable and friendlier. I didn't really have a lot of nice encounters on LSRP. The SAMP server was good for its time, but... the playerbase decline, fast.. especially after Mmartin's take-over of the server. Nobody was really present around there, and coming here to GTA:W is like.. like you're born again. You basically meet all kinds of friendly characters behind the nicknames of the internet. I meet my best friends via the internet / this server. And that speaks a lot. I'm completely enjoying the time here and am glad to have found out about GTA:W.. in time.

2 hours ago, Daquan Kingston said:

When it comes to GTA World? People have a tendency to shift things out of character, and then prioritize OOC friendship over roleplay, or worse in some cases. People need to realize that you are logging in this game to roleplay and kill some time, by portraying a portion of your character's day in their life. You are not here to portray what they think you should, and some players should also realize that I am not here to make friends with somebody who most likely has zero things that interest me. It's not so hard to understand. Give a contribution to the game, and play it properly.

Might be a wet blanket opinion but I get this.

For example, I remember players having a much stricter understanding of /b usage in 2017/2018 as even regular players would say "(( Cut /b ))" to unnecessary chatter, I joined this server being not so serious but eventually I aligned with these rules that were stricter than I was formerly used to. But /b usage is far too casual now and I see too many unnecessary conversations carried out in public. /cb is fine, /pm is fine (usually), and /b is fine if it's important (admin situation, pausing RP to discuss a rule, alerting someone about a bug, any other referee-like discussion), but unnecessarily excessive OOC conversation should be a violation of Common Courtesy if it's done in public.

I can't speak on other OOC mediums since I don't use the Discord anymore. I mostly ignore /pm and /b in game unless it's important, it's fair enough to form a bond with people but like you said we're not here to make friends, this isn't the place for that.

• Upvote 4

Negative:

The problem I have with GTA:W, and that's why I only have my Legal character now, is that it feels like being an Illegal Roleplayer is not welcome  for majority in this community. Maybe the civilian characters on LSRP felt the same way when they were called Mallrats without knowing them.

I just hope that more work and thought will go into Illegal Roleplay and that Illegal Roleplay veterans will also be brought in to help, because I think that mainly Legal Roleplayers are not helpful as decision makers alone.

Positive:

Of course the Legal RP, much better and worked on than on LSRP but that led to the problem with our illegal RP in my eyes.

I love the GTA:W Staff Team for being mostly neutral and professional, LSRP lacked a good team.

I also love the work on the server, you don't have to wait a year for new things to happen and I'm extremly thankful for that! People always forget that behind a Owner/Scripter/Admin/Mapper stands a real person who got a job/fam etc. and when you take that into mind and see what they achive here is incredible.

Edited by AVAR
  • Upvote 1
On 8/1/2021 at 5:38 PM, Apa said:

Illegal scene was ten times better on LSRP but the GTAW features are much more impressive. 

It's refreshing to play on a server with majority civilians, especially as a illegal rper. Civilians create demand for illegal services.

It was impossible to sell drugs at street value in realistic consumption quantities on LSRP because everybody had a plug or a stash of every drug under the sun.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, OhSoFly said:

It's refreshing to play on a server with majority civilians, especially as a illegal rper. Civilians create demand for illegal services.

It was impossible to sell drugs at street value in realistic consumption quantities on LSRP because everybody had a plug or a stash of every drug under the sun.

Pretty much this. I appreciate the structure of GTA World because it replicates somewhat of an actual society. You've got legal ventures (businesses, workers unions and etc), municipal government and emergency services. Inbetween, you have criminals and civilians. Los Santos in GTA 5 is a properly modernized city and the game itself has realistic graphics and physics engines, so it's 100x more immersive than GTA SA / SAMP / LSRP ever was in my opinion. 

What you said about LSRP's status quo with regards to narcotics is absolutely correct as well. Eventually as the server emptied out, most drugs that circulated were in bulk amounts and the same went for firearms. There were no fiends posted up in the streets and street supply had all but dried up. This was the case throughout 2020. I managed to start roleplaying around the production of narcotics and thankfully wasn't involved in selling them. The dope drought on LSRP was real. 

LSRP player from around 2010-16 here. A few months back I decided to see if LSRP was still a thing, and was pretty surprised to find it still was. My old account was still there so I logged on to see if I could re-kindle some fun from my teenage years. All I can say is... what a mess. The server was dead, and the staff seemed to kick, a-jail or ban for even the most minor infraction. I played for a couple of hours and didn't bother again.

Found GTAW a couple weeks back and have been playing since. Apart from the obvious graphics & features improvements, the general community seems nicer, in particular the staff here. Not yet come across an unhelpful, rude or otherwise unpleasant admin or helper... as someone else said, I think the majority of long term LSRP players probably had some sort of run-in with the LSRP staff

I see a lot of people saying the illegal RP in LSRP was better, or more abundant, but so far I disagree. I think if you're looking in the right places, if that's your thing, it's easy to find and get involved in illegal RP & factions. Otherwise, I kind of like the fact that a lot of players are just kind of 'normal' people. It adds some more realistic ambience compared to LSRP in my eyes.

Edited by Codes