Difference between LSRP & GTAW.

Empire

56 minutes ago, Late said:

The difference that I love is that Nervous, the owner of the server is an active part with in his own community. The original owner of LSRP never oversaw the day to day activities. of LSRP. 

The owner actually being active and in game makes a huge difference.  When the owner is absent, this is when things start to decay imo.  Keeps everything in check and stops bad stuff as soon as it's noticed before it takes hold.

I've said it before but I'll say it again: GTA World's quality is basically where LSRP's was between 2012 - 2014. For those who were around before that even (such as myself), this server is reminiscent of Habbo Hotel's MafiaRPG in 2010 - 2011 for the same reasons. Only this time, GTA World has multiple times the quantity. This amplifies why people claim that the quality of RP on GTA World is generally lower. LSRP had the same problems but there were fewer people, so it was arguably less visible than it is here. But you're still able to find good quality RP here if you look. GTA World also arguably hasn't hit its Golden Era yet. In my honest estimation, after playing here for almost a year, GTA World's probably 1 - 2 years off from this. Whereas with LSRP, their Golden Era was between 2011/12 - 15 and it has been in a steady decline since. Now, they cannot even peak with 100 players on a good day.

One of the defining characteristics between LSRP and GTA World, though, is the player base. LSRP is oriented towards Cops & Robbers, with heavily emphasis on criminality (criminal gangs and organizations, as well as public corruption). Whereas GTA World is a civilian-centric server which prioritizes legal roleplay in the form of government and emergency services, with a significant civilian population inbetween. From what I've seen, criminal roleplay has had many struggles with properly launching here. It's also worth mentioning that most people left on LSRP are from the recent era (defined as being from 2016 - present), with most Old School players having came here to GTA World in recent years. This provides for actual OOC diversity, since the new generation of GTA RPers are also here along with those of us from "back in the day". This is something that LSRP hasn't had for several years.

I like GTA World a lot more because the graphics and physics are modernized and realistic. Not only that but Los Santos seems like a lively city, there's plenty of people, businesses are thriving and its generally just a breath of fresh air. The Staff Team & Management are also involved with the daily activities of this community, whereas indicated by a previous poster, LSRP's counterparts have been inactive for years in some cases. People also got tired of the rampant emotional immaturity and egotism that many of their Staff Team had, resulting in them filtering out of the server to either here, or just quitting RP for good.

I haven't had this much enjoyment from RP in years, that is, on GTA World. Had it not been for this server being up, I probably would have quit RP for good, years ago. 

Edited by 13 Ways

Gang scene is trash compared to LSRP, people talking about golden ages n shit... Most of the gang RPers that know what they doing in gtaW came from LSRP and alot of them passed through all of those phases, LSRP never had that, there was never nobody that had alot more experience on how to edit SS's and make them look good and how to lead gangs. GtaW will rush peak way faster than LS due to certain players knowing already what they're doing, but right now? It's fucking bad, the only good gangs are led and filled with LSRP RPers or gtaW RPers that actually listened. Can't speak about the organized crime scene, but when it comes to management there's some iffy things here n there but the owner shows face, something MMartin never did.

Edited by SkanteVida27

GTA:W Staff are much healthier than LS-RP, which is clearly reflected in the two communities. People are less toxic, on edge, and hostile on this server which makes it more enjoyable to play.

Legal role-play on here is the greater majority which is how it should be.

I disagree with people saying gang/illegal role-play on GTA:W is lacking. It exists at the correct ratio to legal role-play, and this server currently has many good factions/groups. LS-RP had legendary factions, but it's my belief GTA:W has the better foundation which in the next few years, alongside the consistent server development & growth, will produce some of the best factions we've ever seen.

• Upvote 1

With Mmartin absent to buy cigarettes for the majority of the time and LSRP essentially being a glorified cops and robbers server, GTA World certainly is better in a lot of aspects - active development, an owner that is engaging with the commuity, thriving civilian roleplay outside the cops and robbers spectrum with active support through the different server features and general benefits of a new platform with GTA V.

Though, there is always another side of the coin. In case of GTA World, it is setbacks and similarities to LSRP with unreasonable escalations and trigger-happy individuals. On top of that, it feels the community is more divided than ever - mainly when thinking about groups and individuals roleplaying criminal characters and Law Enforcement or even ordinary civilian characters, your typical "us versus them" mentality with mud thrown on each other left and right. It is an underlying toxicity that is often not openly shown, but kept to (semi-)private conversations and echo chambers.

GTA World also has a decent amount of monetization. It is effectively run as a business and thus you are met with "micro transactions" ever now and then which leads to certain avenues, such as effectively running a business, becoming a "pay 2 win" area. It is a two-way road in which the server needs financial aid and stability to be able to run and on the other side the lost opportunities for those that cannot or do not want to invest real life cash into the game.

As for the roleplay quality - some areas and aspects are better, other stayed the same or are even worse than they were on LSRP. As for any server with such a large playerbase, you need to know where to look to find decent roleplay and what areas or groups to avoid.

Edited by orca112
2 minutes ago, orca112 said:

GTA World also has a decent amount of monetization. It is effectively run as a business and thus you are met with "micro transactions" ever now and then which leads to certain avenues, such as effectively running a business, becoming a "pay 2 win" area. It is a two-way road in which the server needs financial aid and stability to be able to run and on the other side the lost opportunities for those that cannot or do not want to invest real life cash into the game.

Pretty reasonable though. Hosting a 1500 player-slot server, forums, cat girl dating network, etc is stupid expensive. Also LS-RP had plenty of monetization for key features.

2 hours ago, Late said:

The difference that I love is that Nervous, the owner of the server is an active part with in his own community. The original owner of LSRP never oversaw the day to day activities. of LSRP. 

Originally LSRP was bought by MOW and it was managed by DamianC until he was kicked and things took over by Mmartin, who allowed things to go downhill fast.

1 hour ago, Florida said:

Pretty reasonable though. Hosting a 1500 player-slot server, forums, cat girl dating network, etc is stupid expensive. Also LS-RP had plenty of monetization for key features.

i have a question, did anyone ever ask nervous to make a dating site? because honestly it's just a waste of money. instead of hosting a brand new website, fix facebrowser, it's fucking unusable