Difference between LSRP & GTAW.

Empire

Seasoned player since 2014 here. I've had my fair share of roleplay experiences on LS-RP and have played several different characters and several different ways of developing them. It is true, the gang roleplay scene on GTA:W does not come close to the majority of gangs that used to be on LSRP. I've had way too much fun roleplaying a gang on LSRP than here.

11 hours ago, quezd said:

I don’t see to much of a difference just besides that it’s GTA 5?

For one on lsrp being official means you got to dictate a whole market, and you had control over a bunch of other factions whether you liked it or not. Being official gave you more sway and autonomy on lsrp too. 

On 8/11/2021 at 3:15 AM, Tony White said:

For one on lsrp being official means you got to dictate a whole market, and you had control over a bunch of other factions whether you liked it or not. Being official gave you more sway and autonomy on lsrp too. 

Very, very true.

Is that the same case here?

On 8/11/2021 at 1:15 AM, Tony White said:

I was speaking for gang roleplay, I ain't speaking on the official stand point. That's the only thing that's different. Nothing else can be named that makes a big difference besides the game switch.

LSRP's advantage was that it was a little less admin-reliant. People dealt more with disagreements themselves. Here when a player is interacted with they will call an admin and make it a 45 minute scene just for talking to them the wrong way or doing something they don't like. Also most players I've met cannot differentiate between OOC and IC while simultaneously taking stuff way too seriously to the point where they take all of the  fun out of the game. Another example is that an admin might spectate you while you're in the middle of nowhere in the county alone and tell you roleplay a car crash by yourself. It's kind of weird.

Moving on to the positives, GTA:W has a very strong never done before civilian roleplay in my opinion. You don't need to be in a gang or commit crimes to have fun, there's tons of stuff to do.

• Upvote 9

I've been cruising the forums on here for a bit, haven't contributed much but I think this is a perfect time for me to talk about my roleplay history in relations to the roleplay arena/culture that is established here on GTA World.

I'm 22 years old now, and I've been playing GTA roleplay since I was in elementary school. Roleplay had peaked my interest from the LSRP community but as a very young noobish child, I had to venture out to other communities that would let me in as I would seemingly fail the aptitude test every single time. So, I started on Valhalla Gaming on MTA, which was a decently hardcore text based roleplay server similar to GTA World, just on GTA San Andreas! The culture on Valhalla was actually very similar to what I see currently on GTA World, but once again: this is my subjective opinion.

The servers are very similar because both illegal and legal factions had their own perks beyond basic text scripts like LSRP had. Sure, the server had 120-200 players on, but this was pretty peak for MTA roleplay servers. A common theme on GTAW and vG is the difference between illegal and legal roleplayers; which can explain the different reasonings for LSRP's roleplay climate. The in depth GUIs, roles and salaries had certainly split half of the server up to be Legal, civilian type role-players in a corporate world. Of course this was balanced and Illegal factions had the same benefits: splitting the other half of the server into this category. LSRP didn't have much to offer in terms of legal roleplay, and most of the time this was used as a funnel by the criminalistic roleplayers.

Majority of the roleplayers were from North America, particularly the United States so majority of us wanted to roleplay in crazy gangs like MS13, crime families like the Valenti's and DTO's. Due to the country obviously more violent than most, the roleplay was more violent in nature on LSRP: but it was widely welcomed by the community. vG and GTA World were similar because while of course there's role-players from NA I think that these servers have loads more European players, who I consider are really friendly people and live in quite friendly societies. The thing that changes the roleplay in this server is that we live in a Utopia almost like California, but majority of the server hasn't been to this part of NA or even the United States, so they don't necessarily know what can happen in these areas. Sometimes, civilians in GTA World collide with Illegal roleplayers and they become unhappy with these encounters, which I agree with @vogel point that is available above. I'm sure this happens to roleplayers alike, but I find a lot of legal RPers becoming involved in Criminal RP situations. Frequently, when things don't go their way, it becomes an absolute shit show. Of course this goes both ways when Criminals get in situations with PD/SD, though most can take losses in this sense of 'cops n robbers' type of roleplay which people associate LSRP with.

The amount of Legal RPers in GTA World outnumber the amount of illegal roleplayers - and while this is very realistic in nature it seems like the roleplay by these Illegal factions are being distorted every day. I remember reading in this thread about how escalation by some Illegal roleplayers is very unrealistic, and I do agree with this. Just like on LSRP, there's many people who create factions with the utmost goal of murdering everyone for the slightest inaction to them or their reputations. Lots of illegal roleplay is now associated with the idea that they're just there to sell drugs and murder people every single day. However, sometimes the escalation can be justified in some ways and when it comes to illegal roleplay there's no wrong or right way to deal with the escalation: which can include murder. I'm sure there's way of combatting this somehow, but far as I know there's nothing that will stop illegal roleplayers from answering with force, even if it can lead to such bloody situations that can make some question the legitimacy of the roleplay. Roleplay is about staying as realistic as possible, but sometimes the roleplay is too forced: like Vogel's opinion of admins spectating people in the middle of nowhere to ensure they're roleplaying at all times.

I get it, it's completely necessary- but I think we should all remember that we're playing a video game. I believe that as long as people are roleplaying, and aren't doing anything morally disgusting: let people do as they please. I've been in a situation with one prominent staff member of this community, where I've been stopped mid evasion because this admin had spectated and thinks that I shouldn't be evading whether my character is an illegal criminal or not. To some who may be legal role-players, it doesn't make sense for you to evade police for not having your licenses on you. However to my illegal character's nature this seemed like justifiable grounds to evade. Anyways, the admin had A. gave me the chance to go back to the traffic stop and comply or B. be punished. I didn't want the admin to script my roleplay for me, and I was actually permanently banned for denying his requests. This has actually led to me being far more punished in situations later on, even if I've not broken rules: just having an admin history has scarred me on here in some ways. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
3 hours ago, g0nex said:

I've been cruising the forums on here for a bit, haven't contributed much but I think this is a perfect time for me to talk about my roleplay history in relations to the roleplay arena/culture that is established here on GTA World.

I'm 22 years old now, and I've been playing GTA roleplay since I was in elementary school. Roleplay had peaked my interest from the LSRP community but as a very young noobish child, I had to venture out to other communities that would let me in as I would seemingly fail the aptitude test every single time. So, I started on Valhalla Gaming on MTA, which was a decently hardcore text based roleplay server similar to GTA World, just on GTA San Andreas! The culture on Valhalla was actually very similar to what I see currently on GTA World, but once again: this is my subjective opinion.

The servers are very similar because both illegal and legal factions had their own perks beyond basic text scripts like LSRP had. Sure, the server had 120-200 players on, but this was pretty peak for MTA roleplay servers. A common theme on GTAW and vG is the difference between illegal and legal roleplayers; which can explain the different reasonings for LSRP's roleplay climate. The in depth GUIs, roles and salaries had certainly split half of the server up to be Legal, civilian type role-players in a corporate world. Of course this was balanced and Illegal factions had the same benefits: splitting the other half of the server into this category. LSRP didn't have much to offer in terms of legal roleplay, and most of the time this was used as a funnel by the criminalistic roleplayers.

Majority of the roleplayers were from North America, particularly the United States so majority of us wanted to roleplay in crazy gangs like MS13, crime families like the Valenti's and DTO's. Due to the country obviously more violent than most, the roleplay was more violent in nature on LSRP: but it was widely welcomed by the community. vG and GTA World were similar because while of course there's role-players from NA I think that these servers have loads more European players, who I consider are really friendly people and live in quite friendly societies. The thing that changes the roleplay in this server is that we live in a Utopia almost like California, but majority of the server hasn't been to this part of NA or even the United States, so they don't necessarily know what can happen in these areas. Sometimes, civilians in GTA World collide with Illegal roleplayers and they become unhappy with these encounters, which I agree with @vogel point that is available above. I'm sure this happens to roleplayers alike, but I find a lot of legal RPers becoming involved in Criminal RP situations. Frequently, when things don't go their way, it becomes an absolute shit show. Of course this goes both ways when Criminals get in situations with PD/SD, though most can take losses in this sense of 'cops n robbers' type of roleplay which people associate LSRP with.

The amount of Legal RPers in GTA World outnumber the amount of illegal roleplayers - and while this is very realistic in nature it seems like the roleplay by these Illegal factions are being distorted every day. I remember reading in this thread about how escalation by some Illegal roleplayers is very unrealistic, and I do agree with this. Just like on LSRP, there's many people who create factions with the utmost goal of murdering everyone for the slightest inaction to them or their reputations. Lots of illegal roleplay is now associated with the idea that they're just there to sell drugs and murder people every single day. However, sometimes the escalation can be justified in some ways and when it comes to illegal roleplay there's no wrong or right way to deal with the escalation: which can include murder. I'm sure there's way of combatting this somehow, but far as I know there's nothing that will stop illegal roleplayers from answering with force, even if it can lead to such bloody situations that can make some question the legitimacy of the roleplay. Roleplay is about staying as realistic as possible, but sometimes the roleplay is too forced: like Vogel's opinion of admins spectating people in the middle of nowhere to ensure they're roleplaying at all times.

I get it, it's completely necessary- but I think we should all remember that we're playing a video game. I believe that as long as people are roleplaying, and aren't doing anything morally disgusting: let people do as they please. I've been in a situation with one prominent staff member of this community, where I've been stopped mid evasion because this admin had spectated and thinks that I shouldn't be evading whether my character is an illegal criminal or not. To some who may be legal role-players, it doesn't make sense for you to evade police for not having your licenses on you. However to my illegal character's nature this seemed like justifiable grounds to evade. Anyways, the admin had A. gave me the chance to go back to the traffic stop and comply or B. be punished. I didn't want the admin to script my roleplay for me, and I was actually permanently banned for denying his requests. This has actually led to me being far more punished in situations later on, even if I've not broken rules: just having an admin history has scarred me on here in some ways. 

Very in depth reply. Appreciate the two cents.

Edited by Empire

Having said some shitty things about Nervous in the past (I'm toxic, sorry) the one thing I have to admit about this server that is MILES upon MILES ahead of LSRP is the fact that Nervous actually gives a shit. He's well active within his own community. And I don't mean that he roleplays or anything like that, I mean if you have a problem, even if stupidly miniscule, bringing it up to him will bring a return. The man will help you. I've directly messaged him with help for animations AND donation problems sometimes - he's returned the message every time, even if just to answer a simple question. That's a very sought after rarity.