Difference between LSRP & GTAW.

Empire

Started in 2013, just quit a few months ago. I legit joined this server 2 days ago and one thing which hasn't changed at all is prison RP, probably because their is alot of x-lsrp players.

I've never ever rp'd a civilian and I can't fathom doing that for more than five minutes, but people can do what they want obviously. I don't know much about this server yet but as far as Illegal rp is concerned, this server gets like 900 people average and honestly it feels like there's less gang members on here than LSRP with 200 players. 

I honestly don't know what's different because I just started here but alot is the same.. people don't yield, people say grands instead of grand.

Everyone except me says nigga every two seconds. Honestly though I'm glad I'm here, not complaining. God bless.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Deeclassify said:

Everyone except me says nigga every two seconds.

Apart from agreeing with 100% of your reply, this one sticks out the most, and it goes beyond black characters. There's every kind of non-black character speaking in AAVE and it's very disorienting. I don't know if it's distinctly meant to be part of their character, or they're just not trying and their OOC desire to be cool kicks in and bleeds into their character. It's even worse when they're blatantly not American and bad English starts mixing in.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, shaobadman said:

Apart from agreeing with 100% of your reply, this one sticks out the most, and it goes beyond black characters. There's every kind of non-black character speaking in AAVE and it's very disorienting. I don't know if it's distinctly meant to be part of their character, or they're just not trying and their OOC desire to be cool kicks in and bleeds into their character. It's even worse when they're blatantly not American and bad English starts mixing in.

I can't help but notice this either. I get that a lot of people in real life tries to appropriate culture, and I've even met caravan people from some irrelevant northern English village talk like they're from South London, but even they have a limit.

Trap/drilla/grime culture's growing and a lot of people (mostly white) are really into it. Fair enough I guess, whatever. The problem is that they're bleeding it into their character and it doesn't make any sense.

I'm seeing second generation Korean-Americans, Armenian-Americans, Latin-Americans, and even English characters, all use AAVE extremely poorly and I don't understand why. These groups have their own lingo and culture, but instead all I see is AAVE where it makes no sense. As you said, it's worse when their English is poor and then you can't understand them at all, iC or OOC.

I played LSRP from 2010 to 2018 and personally i found it much more rounded in terms of the playerbase for RP.   I find GTAW to be difficult to find good quality RP outside of anything gang related which isn't really my RP gig anymore i've done it but prefer more laid back less hustle and bustle these days.   As an example i visited 3 / 4 bars just last night on GTAW and it was super hard to engage in any RP anywhere, there is cliques that seem to want to be super tight and no let in.    I found LSRP to be a lot more open and the players to be friendlier in general and more open to general open RP where there was no forced dialogue or you had to know somebody to get involved you could just rock up and start a dialogue.  GTAW seems very closed off to that and only had maybe 1/2 organic experiences of it.   Staff though seem nice and friendly just a bit too much ego maybe in the PB.

General feel would be it's more of a civilian & cops server rather than a out and out RP server.

Edited by Clay Emerson
Missed a few lines.
  • Upvote 2
On 8/7/2021 at 11:06 AM, Racaa said:

Because it's two different  systems. 

Being on official on LS:RP meant you had say over a market, and you even dictated gun/drug flow. You also got a bunch of things for being official and it gave you an advantage over other factions. On here all you get is a /f and a few other things. It's two different systems.