Difference between LSRP & GTAW.

Empire

I never played LSRP, but the general consensus amung this thread seems to be that it catered more to illegal RP or the vague explanation of "Illegal RP was just better". As someone who has done my fair share of illegal RP on this server, I'd really like to know how it was better?

The answers I've got so far, are that this server caters far more to LEO-RP and Civilian RP, whereas LSRP was very much built around illegal roleplay. Another explanation I've heard is that the factions on LSRP were better (although that explanation is fuzzy on specifics). What specifically made LSRP so much better for illegal roleplayers and how could that translate onto this server?

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

I never played LSRP, but the general consensus amung this thread seems to be that it catered more to illegal RP or the vague explanation of "Illegal RP was just better". As someone who has done my fair share of illegal RP on this server, I'd really like to know how it was better?

The answers I've got so far, are that this server caters far more to LEO-RP and Civilian RP, whereas LSRP was very much built around illegal roleplay. Another explanation I've heard is that the factions on LSRP were better (although that explanation is fuzzy on specifics). What specifically made LSRP so much better for illegal roleplayers and how could that translate onto this server?

Basically on LSRP proper & realistic portrayal of illegal concepts was taken way more seriously by the majority of the illegal scene compared to GTA:W. During LSRPs last "peak" the quality and realism across the board amongst illegal factions was far ahead of where GTA:W is right now (covid-19 player base jump not included) . To be honest though I don't think it's fair to compare them at this point since LSRP had over a decade to cultivate & develop it's illegal RP standards.  I, like many other LSRPers, can compare GTAWs current illegal RP state to how things were on LSRP from 2012-2015ish,

Edited by Peezy
On 8/5/2021 at 3:05 PM, Fancy Toothpaste said:

If you want to become a cop, politician or legal worker under the LS Gov on GTA World, you're set. But the same cannot be said if you're strictly depicting a gangbanger or mobster otherwise. You'll have to work your way through the existing legal structures, at first, to really get anywhere meaningful. The only exceptions that I can see are for gangs (just roleplay a guy from the hood) or if you know people OOC already, and can be automatically connected. Whereas on LSRP, you could just dive right into criminal roleplay with minimal effort. That server was catered towards depicting a legitimately criminally-ran society.

Peezy said it best: the server (LSRP) had over an entire decade to cultivate it's illegal roleplay. The same cannot be said about GTA World, and really, the only people mentoring the new generation into criminal roleplay are those of us originally from LSRP. Otherwise, these emerging factions will have to learn from each other as the years go on. GTA World's criminal aspects will probably take a few more years to get to where LSRP's was at around the 2015 mark, though depending on who you ask, the timeline might differ here.

Another thing that I'd like to add, and on an irrelevant note, is a personal observation. Players on LSRP were definitely more inclined towards in-depth discussions towards just about everything in general, but on GTA World, this almost seems eschewed. Simplicity seems like the norm here, where people have not the patience nor attention to read through and adequately respond to multi-paragraph discussions (such as to these replies, in a sense). I'm sure that exceptions exist, but I've also seen this in real life. To me, it seems like a significant generational shift has happened in the span of several years and not necessarily for the better. 

Edited by 13 Ways